Guys and Gals, you know the drill.

Every year there's a "bolter" - someone who is either untried or fringe who exceeds expectations and become a regular in the best 22. 2020 was hard to judge, but a few of us on here loved VDM's 2019 VFL form and I'd argue he was the 2020 bolter. He's in my Round 1 2021 team.

So who is the 2021 bolter? Given we have picked up three senior players at the trade table who will all slot straight into the team when fit, will they preclude a real bolter this year? Will it be someone who was underwhelming in 2020 getting back to their best?

He's had his knockers, but arguably Josh Bruce fits the bill. Maligned for not living up to his contract last year, I expect a slimmer and more focused Bruce in 2021. I'm also expecting Mitch Hannan to prove a clever pick up in at the trade table.

Less of a prediction and more of a hope, Lewis Young back as a KPD. Easy to forget he's only 21, and age where many players (including much-loved Bulldogs) we're even on an AFL rookie list. Just one game in 2020, it won't be too difficult to top that in 2021.