0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Jack Macrae 11

The list rating still goes on as we continue to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Jack Macrae 11

A few stats:
    Height: 191cm
    Weight: 85Kg
    Games: 159

A prolific ball-winner, Jack Macrae is firmly entrenched as one of the Bulldogs midfield prime-movers, and indeed one of league's premier midfielders. An All Australian in 2019, Macrae has finished runner up in the Club's Best & Fairest vote count on three occasions. Remarkable in his consistency, has averaged 28 disposals across his career to date and since his debut season has only once played less than 21 matches in a season. Arriving at the club as creative outside midfielder via pick six overall in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft, Macrae has gone on to hone his craft as a contested-ball winner. Macrae made an instant impact after debuting in Round 4, 2013, winning the Club's Chris Grant Best First Year player award. He showed no signs of second-year blues, consolidating a midfield role and finishing second in the Charlie Sutton Medal. Macrae was a member of the Club's 2016 AFL Premiership team.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

Jack's an easy one and he is definitely AFL quality if I was to pick a flaw in his game is that he doesn't do enough with the score board.
    7 seasons and only 37 goals for an elite mid fielder show an area he could improve on.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By the end of his career, will Jacko go down as one of the all time Bulldog greats? I think so.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the most reliable players I can recall at the Bulldogs, turns up for work each week. Exceptionally durable and averages more than 25 disposals per game and he averages 4.5 tackles per game. His kicking isn't elite and we've known for some time about his reluctance to try and kick more goals but they would be the only knocks on him

He might even be hitting his peak now. I hold him in the highest of regard.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute A grade gun who is under rated by many who follow the sport. So consistent throughout his career and knows how to find the ball.

One of the first to be picked every week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted needs more time. Never want this guy's career to end, I love him so much.

At a game in 2015 or 2016 against Melbourne at the MCG I said to a mate of a mate how hard at it I thought Jacko was and I received the standard country footy tough guy response. Some people don't actually watch the game, anyone who did closely would see he's consistently as committed as anyone going around.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Jacko kills you by a 1,000 cuts.

Always willing to take that extra second to release the ball and take the hit to benefit his teammate.

Macrae isn't flashy, he borders on boring to watch, which I think makes him under rated by dog supporters and the wider AFL community.

As said previously he turns up each and every week and gets his 30+ touches. If he could tidy up his kicking he would go to the next level.

#BeMoreBulldog
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just consistently solid for us week in week out in that midfield. An aspect for Jack to improve is to kick more goals like Bont but otherwise an excellent player for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

He’s already in our top 20 players of all time, and no reason to think he doesn’t creep higher by the end of his career. Durable, tough, consistent, every word you could have used to describe a Daniel Cross or Scott West, and is only about half way through his career. If he manages to add another couple of AA jumpers and reaches 300 will be in our top 10 of all time I’d say. Hopefully another premiership medal to round it out.

The other great thing about Jacko - no fanfare. Signs his contract and gets on with it. You never hear any noise out of him, his management or about him in AFL circles.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Go_Dogs "The other great thing about Jacko - no fanfare. Signs his contract and gets on with it. You never hear any noise out of him, his management or about him in AFL circles." Dunkley take note.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to keep an eye on this. Jack kicked his second goal for the year against GWS. His record is 9 goals in a season. At this rate his touch and go to crack double figures. Big things to come me thinks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Going to keep an eye on this. Jack kicked his second goal for the year against GWS. His record is 9 goals in a season. At this rate his touch and go to crack double figures. Big things to come me thinks.
    Absolutely flushed it too, one of his best kicks at goal I've seen.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Absolutely flushed it too, one of his best kicks at goal I've seen.
    He’s a fine shot and he should do it more. I’m hoping some confidence from that will get him to 10+. That’s why I’m paying attention to this as one of hobbyhorses for the season.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He’s a fine shot and he should do it more. I’m hoping some confidence from that will get him to 10+. That’s why I’m paying attention to this as one of hobbyhorses for the season.
    The stand/mark rule should help him with his set shots. Can get a bit more angle/distance by running out on the arc.