Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peter Gordon Leaving

Noooooooooooo.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

From the dogs website about the expected successor:

Kylie Watson-Wheeler was born in Footscray, is a passionate Bulldogs fan, has been a member of the Club’s Board of Directors since December 2013, and has held the position of Vice-President for the last four years.

She is the Senior Vice President & Managing Director of the Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand, leading one of the largest media and entertainment companies in ANZ.

3. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Noooooooooooo.
    I’m sure he will come back if we need him again but I feel insecure without him

Post Thanks / Like

No words i can muster feel right. Thanks Peter Gordon.

Post Thanks / Like

Deserves a lap of honour in front of a full Marvel Stadium. An absolute hero of the club.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    From the dogs website about the expected successor:

Kylie Watson-Wheeler was born in Footscray, is a passionate Bulldogs fan, has been a member of the Club’s Board of Directors since December 2013, and has held the position of Vice-President for the last four years.

She is the Senior Vice President & Managing Director of the Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand, leading one of the largest media and entertainment companies in ANZ.
    Oh good, more Thor-style dress ups ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter's place in the history of our club is so immense I am of the view that the new grandstand should be named after him.

With the ground now being called the Whitten Oval and the existing stand to be demolished, I think this would be an appropriate recognition of two greats of our club. Obviously, this idea would have to be raised first with Teddy Junior and the family for their views.

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is sucks. We'll never get a more fierce advocate for our club. I know that its a very demanding position with only the success of the club as payment but I really never wanted him to leave.

We have never been in this sort of shape before, or ever really even close, and Peter can take the lion's share of the credit for that. Thanks for everything Peter.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peter for all you have done. I been a WB member since 2013 for most of Peter’s 2nd tenure at the club and started supporting the Dogs when Smorgo was president.

- Instrumental in our fightback in 89
    - Established our own stand alone vfl team
    - Establish of the AFLW team
    - 2016 premiership
    - I believe put $1 million of his own money into the club
    - Getting us into the best financial position we have ever been.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I hope he still goes to games so we the fans can shake his hand and thank him, could we have a thank you Peter Gordon game where he does a lap in a car so we can show our gratitude ?
    Great idea ledge!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hope he gets recognised in a special way. Deserves to be immortalised at our footy club.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Peter's place in the history of our club is so immense I am of the view that the new grandstand should be named after him.

With the ground now being called the Whitten Oval and the existing stand to be demolished, I think this would be an appropriate recognition of two greats of our club. Obviously, this idea would have to be raised first with Teddy Junior and the family for their views.
    Absolutely deserved.

He is the most important leader the Club has ever had.

17. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to say harden the *!*!*!*! up and stay for another five hundred years.........but my head got the better of me and I've reduced my demands to four hundred.

Special guy, lucky for us we got him as part of the collective. Not sure anyone's made a mark on us like he has and I think history will view his contribution to the club, country/ society pretty favourably.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peter a proud club stands taller thanks to your efforts
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

20. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was ever a template for having the best president we could ask for, we got it! - or rather we had it. we've been so blessed to have him on board.

I cant wait to see what KWW brings to us, and im so glad we have another passionate strong leader waiting to take over.

Thanks Peter, i hope you can enjoy a beer at the footy and watch it without the pomp and ceremony that your role entailed.
    I hope I can be that bloke that buys you one, because its the least i can do.

22. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Eastdog liked this post