Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  50
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peter Gordon Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What are the odds of PG getting a gig on the AFL Commission?

Commissioner Gordon has a nice ring to it.
    Or a spot in the next Batman movie?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Or a spot in the next Batman movie?
    Bontman?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bontman?
    Sounds an awful lot like Boumann
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Peter Gordon, who will step down from his role as Western Bulldogs president after the club's annual general meeting this month, should be regarded as the most significant figure in the Western Bulldogs' history, according to his Collingwood counterpart Eddie McGuire."

I have a picture of Peter Gordon. A black and white photo of a man with a mullet, in front of a horde of working class people, with a vision. Same with David Smorgon. I remember an interview with him struggling to typify what the symbol of a Bulldog meant. This fight captured them, electrified them, as it did me when I watched the Year of the Dog documentary.
    Peter is in love with this club and is in my mind, as with others, one of the most important figures in Bulldogs history.
    One day I hope to meet him.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 15-12-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    "Peter Gordon, who will step down from his role as Western Bulldogs president after the club's annual general meeting this month, should be regarded as the most significant figure in the Western Bulldogs' history, according to his Collingwood counterpart Eddie McGuire."

I have a picture of Peter Gordon. A black and white photo of a man with a mullet, in front of a horde of working class people, with a vision. Same with Peter Smorgon. I remember an interview with him struggling to typify what the symbol of a Bulldog meant. This fight captured them, electrified them, as it did me when I watched the Year of the Dog documentary.
    Peter is in love with this club and is in my mind, as with others, one of the most important figures in Bulldogs history.
    One day I hope to meet him.
    That great president Peter Smorgon! He will go down in history alongside our other great presidents like Peter Sutton and Peter Collins.

Seriously though it is the end of an era - the first time since 1989 our president isn't Gordon or Smorgon.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That great president Peter Smorgon! He will go down in history alongside our other great presidents like Peter Sutton and Peter Collins.

Seriously though it is the end of an era - the first time since 1989 our president isn't Gordon or Smorgon.
    And the first female president named Peter ?
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post