Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah its gone viral. We need to make a response now.
    Good luck to the journo that asks Bevo about it
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please let it be Damien Barrett

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    Please let it be Damien Barrett
    And there is a toilet bowl nearby.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bob simply proving what an ordinary media performer he is. He and Nick Riewoldt started their media careers as credible recent ex players with a deep knowledge of the game - Bob has gone the shock jock route while Riewoldt has become a very credible analyst of the game. I know whose media career will be much longer and more successful.
    Did you listen to the segment where Bob and Andy spoke about/responded to the report?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Did you listen to the segment where Bob and Andy spoke about/responded to the report?
    I did and thought Bob could have done a lot more to address/squash it simply by referring to the conversation he had with Marra on the Dogs podcast. He didn't do that and actually gave it some legs by accepting the report 'at face value'.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how about we just take the kid on face value and that being he knows what Bevo expects and is on board with it.

Tough fwd line to break into at the moment. His time will come and let’s just hope the longer it takes for that moment to arrive, the better prepared he is for it. We all want him to be the player he’s touted to be.

Post Thanks / Like

... or the fact he's hungry to make and impact and wants to play against the best as soon as he can?

I'm not even sure Marra being hungry to play in the senior team is a bad thing. He's got drive. Good.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

“A SNOWFLAKE'S CHANCE IN HELL”: UGLE-HAGAN IS GOING NOWHERE

Garry Lyon believes the Western Bulldogs will pay little heed to rumours swirling around first-year forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

It was reported by Sam Edmund on Thursday that clubs are enquiring after the 19-year-old, who is yet to debut after he was selected at No. 1 in the 2020 national draft.

“This is only my opinion, but there is a snowflake’s chance in hell they would entertain any offer for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan,” Lyon told SEN Breakfast.

Deprived of his draft year, the key forward arrived at Whitten Oval with a low fitness base, and anti-density rules at reserve level have limited his capacity to build it.

He has watched on as Josh Bruce and Aaron Naughton have kicked 63 goals between them to sit third and equal-sixth in the Coleman Medal race, respectively.

Ugle-Hagan was named as an emergency for three consecutive games from Rounds 6-8, indicating he was inching closer to a senior appearance, but a concussion and the Melbourne lockdown have set him back.

Tim Watson says he can empathise with the top selection’s frustrations, given young key position players are thriving in other environments.

Crows forward Riley Thilthorpe has kicked 13 goals in seven games, the Swans’ Logan McDonald has impressed next to Lance Franklin, while Essendon’s Nik Cox was the Round 12 Rising Star nominee, flourishing as a tall on the wing.

“You’re watching your other mates making their debut at other AFL clubs, and you’re still not getting picked,” Watson explained.

"I can understand the kid is impatient and thinking, ‘what about me?’

“Maybe he can’t see it exactly as it is from the Bulldogs’ perspective right now. Hopefully he’s getting the right advice.”

Lyon emphasised his appreciation for the Dogs’ careful approach to their blue-chip selection.

“Great clubs, which the Western Bulldogs are, manage this, and they’ll manage it beautifully. Luke Beveridge is a great person,” he enthused.

“If I were the Western Bulldogs, I would hope he’s not happy. I would hope he’s banging down the door saying ‘why aren’t I playing, get me in there’.

“(And that) he sits and listens and understands why he’s not, and continues to push hard.”

The Dogs will have a rest this weekend, before a trip down the highway to defend their top two position from an ascendant Geelong.

They have not won at Kardinia Park since 2003, when Ugle-Hagan was just one year old.

12. Thanks bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a crock of a story!

We get the following from players:
    He wants to leave to play in a successful team.
    He wants to leave because the team is too successful.
    He wants to leave because of the horrendous culture.
    He wants to leave because he cant break into the leadership group.
    He wants to leave because the medicos cant get his body right.
    He wants to leave because hes never felt better in years and isnt getting an opportunity.

Now we can add:
    He wants to leave because he is a first year player and isn't in the best 22?

Excuse me while i go take 2 and have a lay down.

Post Thanks / Like

Garry responded correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Lyon as the supportive voice of reason was not on my bingo card today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Garry Lyon as the supportive voice of reason was not on my bingo card today.
    Yeah odd to be in agreement with Garry and Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The main reason I wasn’t happy when I heard who Jamarra’s girlfriend was.
    Exactly how I thought DG. Jamarra said on Barkley street podcast that he is staying at the Fevolas. Bob quickly went to another question.

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra grew up being a very keen Bummer supporter. There is nothing in it I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't listen to that program. However I have heard enough of Bob's media career to date to make my own personal judgement on it. From my perspective, he is a terrible media performer. He is also deeply underwhelming as a footy analyst. Just an observation, but SEN seems like a poor fit for him - his oeuvre screams the ABC, where his contrived and manufactured style would fit like a hand in glove.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes 1eyedog liked this post