Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Say we do.

Whose place in the side does JUH take?
    Hannan.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was last week. Jamarra talking to Easton & Bob, via our website:

Western Bulldogs key forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan says he’ll remain patient as he continues to work towards an AFL debut.

Ugle-Hagan has missed the last three weeks of football – two of those as a result of the AFL’s concussion protocols, and a third when last weekend’s VFL round was abandoned because of Victoria’s latest coronavirus cluster.

Despite having to watch a number of players from the 2020 draft class debut at the senior level over the last month, the 19-year-old said he trusts the process and will work hard to earn his opportunity.

“It’s obviously tough (waiting), but we’ve got such a strong team,” Ugle-Hagan told Bob Murphy and Easton Wood on last week’s Barkly St podcast.

“Obviously I’m still a rookie, so I’m going to listen to what the professionals and the coach (says).

“Luke Beveridge knows what he’s doing, so I’m just going to let him do what he does, and I’ll sit by the sidelines until I’m ready.”

Raised in Framlingham, an Indigenous community about 25km north-east of Warnambool, Ugle-Hagan said receiving attention from some of the league’s most talented Indigenous players still comes as a shock to him.

“On draft night, I received a couple of messages even before the draft from Eddie Betts, Charlie Cameron and a couple of others,” he said.

“Even when you see them they’ll say congratulations and stuff so it’s like they know (you), and it’s crazy how they notice stuff.

“Even though you’re playing in the same league, you still feel special because last year I was just a kid watching the AFL, but now I’m in the league so it’s pretty exciting.”
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Robert Murphy has stupidly responded now: he's apparently SHOCKED! A story his own station fabricated based on twisted half truths.

Amateur hour from him, not sure his other employer will be overly excited by it.

Murph, you dissapoint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Robert Murphy has stupidly responded now: he's apparently SHOCKED! A story his own station fabricated based on twisted half truths.

Amateur hour from him, not sure his other employer will be overly excited by it.

Murph, you dissapoint.
    That’s what SEN pay him to say. He didn’t say anything like it last week on his podcast last week with Jamarra.

As far as I see, nothing in The Age, nor HUN, nor AFL.com.au, nor Foxtel coverage tonight. If this was a real story the pile on would’ve started hours ago. Why is no one else reporting it but Edmund I wonder?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Murph, you dissapoint.
    Yeah, I heard that too. Why wouldn't he just pour cold water over the whole thing and make mention of the sit down he had with Marra less than a few weeks ago where this exact topic was discussed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, I heard that too. Why wouldn't he just pour cold water over the whole thing and make mention of the sit down he had with Marra less than a few weeks ago where this exact topic was discussed.
    SEN don’t pay him for that. The people who really follow all things RW&B can see through it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Very odd. I don't listen to any AFL media I just can't take it but I've had 20 messages in the last two hours because Murph basically gave the story legs.

Not sure it was his finest work considering he just spoke to him.

This in particular puts the acid on a kid and gives the story cred.

“But the pessimistic (side) of me is it’s too early to be getting the grumbles around not getting everything he wants (at the Bulldogs) and maybe things would be better elsewhere, that’s more of a concern.”

Post Thanks / Like

How is what Bob said giving what Edmund said cred? I went to read it, Bob prefaced it saying if you take Edmunds report at face value.

Nothing Bob said substantiates anything Edmund hints at.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

whilst this is all probably just fantasy, if I was Nth Melb/Carlton/The Hawks i would certainly be putting together a package to try and woo JUH from us. It's what we did with Tom Boyd.

Post Thanks / Like

He hosts a drive time radio show. It’s gonna come up, what’s he supposed to do?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How is what Bob said giving what Edmund said cred? I went to read it, Bob prefaced it saying if you take Edmunds report at face value.

Nothing Bob said substantiates anything Edmund hints at.

Well it's the standard formula they use to fabricate sh1t and he'd be well aware of that.

"Shocked" is always going to be a fuel source for a story like this.

Rake up crap->wrap it up as an exclusive->get legend reaction.

Formulate and perpetuate.

I'm sure it was all pre-planned, it's nothing surprising to me.

I'm just a little miffed considering the guy works for the club, but I guess he's entitled to respond and I respect that.

It's certainly worked, I've had many messages after the Murphy quote none prior.

Post Thanks / Like

Murph, you dissapoint.
    These were my thoughts as well, to many times our ex-players open their trap giving credit to bullshit articles.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra will be a bulldogs player for at least next year when his rookie contract expires.

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone want me to start a trade Ugle-Hagan thread?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes Grantysghost, azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VFL is scheduled to be back next week.

That gives him 2 games before the North game. Let’s hope he gets through both and we then decide to give him a taste of what it really takes to play at the top level. He either rises to the occasion or he learns how far off he is.