Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Who do you think I am Steven Milne?
    Hey! Malthouse had to apologise for that. Milne wasn’t flipper, he was a grab, pick up and turn arounder. Huge difference.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I sorta meant I would ditch the ladies not swap or flip them... Threads off track again...

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I sorta meant I would ditch the ladies not swap or flip them... Threads off track again...
    No it’s not. Have I told how I went to the footy for two years sitting next to Twodogs dad but only realised who he was when leaving for last game? Plus parking in the AFL car parks near the medallion club. So easy to park, until the eventually put in the boom gate to stop it. Plus the outdoor BBQ food made up for the other crap at the ground. I don’t know how the food at the Western Oval in the 80’s and 90’s is still better. That reminds me of the ‘black bombers’ security back then. I remember in one of our last games there a young fella who tried to run on after the game and got coat hangered. That guy saw his life flash in front of his eyes when 30-40 burley blokes rushed to fence and insisted that he take them on. He couldn’t get away quick enough. The same end the footy would often clear the grand stand after a goal. My life ambition was to get one and run away with it. But there’s footy sized hole in my heart I never got to do that. Watching the reserves at WO in the 90’s was almost better than the seniors. John’s has an amazing shimmy step. So does Jamarra. He has a better shimmy step. Exciting times. See, on track.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Last go at this. They were 2 Footscray supporters from KT's part of the world, Traralgon, coming to watch the game. I met my date at the Footscray after game social club. He met them both the same way I would presume as he seemed to know them both. So I will sign off on this subject now.

Post Thanks / Like

Please can we get this thread back again! (I think we are going to have many more opportunities to be able to do this!!)

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Anyone notice the Shimmy Step to get in behind Sharpie? I just noticed it.
    You'd think someone would have mentioned it during the commentary.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy he had a good game, so he didn't have to get belted by Dickie Knee, the footy expert.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

From ‘Bulldog Barrett’:

IF ...
    his debut game was underwhelming ...

THEN ...
    match No.2 for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was very, very nice. Now that he's had senior match conditioning, looms as a genuine X-Factor for the pointy-end of the season.

(In Melbourne’s he called Bont the best player on the league:

Bont in my eyes is THE standout player of 2021.)

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From ‘Bulldog Barrett’:

IF ...
    his debut game was underwhelming ...

THEN ...
    match No.2 for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was very, very nice. Now that he's had senior match conditioning, looms as a genuine X-Factor for the pointy-end of the season.

(In Melbourne’s he called Bont the best player on the league:

Bont in my eyes is THE standout player of 2021.)
    The last few weeks have played out perfectly for Bevo in regards to his handling of Marra.

After his first week, no one can use the 'why did Beveridge wait so long' angle and after the second week, the 'did the Bulldogs make a mistake with pick 1' angle is also a bust.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The last few weeks have played out perfectly for Bevo in regards to his handling of Marra.

After his first week, no one can use the 'why did Beveridge wait so long' angle and after the second week, the 'did the Bulldogs make a mistake with pick 1' angle is also a bust.
    Just hope he can handle all this expectation. I don't think Naughton had to deal with half as much, but delivered way more than I ever expected. His highlights reel is, without bias, one of the best in AFL.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Just hope he can handle all this expectation. I don't think Naughton had to deal with half as much, but delivered way more than I ever expected. His highlights reel is, without bias, one of the best in AFL.
    I think they're going to be different players with different highlights. Naughton's maniacal approach at the high ball is about as unique as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think they're going to be different players with different highlights. Naughton's maniacal approach at the high ball is about as unique as it gets.
    Yep, JUH looks like he's a bit of an ''old-fashioned'' forward in sense that he has good forward craft and good leading patterns... but he also has athletic gifts (speed and leap) which are going to make him a tough match-up as he fills out. He also looks like a really nice kick of the ball which means he'll make his chances count, unless of course we ruin that for him.

Fun times ahead!

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, JUH looks like he's a bit of an ''old-fashioned'' forward in sense that he has good forward craft and good leading patterns... but he also has athletic gifts (speed and leap) which are going to make him a tough match-up as he fills out. He also looks like a really nice kick of the ball which means he'll make his chances count, unless of course we ruin that for him.

Fun times ahead!
    It's intersting to see him next to Naughton - his shoulders are already as broad, with little meat on them. In a few years he'll be a beast.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's intersting to see him next to Naughton - his shoulders are already as broad, with little meat on them. In a few years he'll be a beast.
    I can't see him ever being Buddy size, but could he be say like a Nick Riewoldt build - lean but strong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That really stood out when he was standing next to Buddy, and whilst the comparison between the two is a bit lazy, this is one area where I think we'll see big similarities.