Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He's just a click bait merchant. We're not trading Marra for anything BUT if we were forced to consider it, you'd only do it for the likes of Darcy Moore/Jacob Weitering etc not a 1 game defender that is 2 or 3 years away from dominating.
    Yeah no point getting upset about anything Cornes has to say, it's all blatantly designed to grab headlines, not have substance.

The closest comparison to this highly unlikely scenario is Tom Boyd who was worth an elite midfielder at the time and a top 10 pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope he plays some senior games but time is running out. I'm more than comfortable to back Bevo and the MC on when/if Marra debuts. If it's next season I'll still be excited
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marra might not have thought he’d play round 1, but sure as hell he would’ve expected to play this year. If he doesn’t, what’s his “deep down” mindset going to be ? Especially if a B.F is continually in his ear with negatives.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Having watched the last two VFL games, I think he needs to come in at Marvel. The windy conditions don’t help but the delivery he’s been getting in the twos is substandard. Not to mention oppo teams are trying to double team a first year player. I don’t think he’s going to rip things a part like this.

Put him under the roof, on the third tall defender and certainly not double teamed and have delivery from the best midfield. I’m comfortable he’s kicking a couple a week.

I feel a bit from him like Nathan Lyon when multiple times a test the wicket keeper would drop easy catches and miss easy stumping. When he was given the personnel around him to shine, he started shining brighter.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes SquirrelGrip, Happy Days, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Having watched the last two VFL games, I think he needs to come in at Marvel. The windy conditions don’t help but the delivery he’s been getting in the twos is substandard. Not to mention oppo teams are trying to double team a first year player. I don’t think he’s going to rip things a part like this.

Put him under the roof, on the third tall defender and certainly not double teamed and have delivery from the best midfield. I’m comfortable he’s kicking a couple a week.

I feel a bit from him like Nathan Lyon when multiple times a test the wicket keeper would drop easy catches and miss easy stumping. When he was given the personnel around him to shine, he started shining brighter.
    I guess that’s next week vs Sydney.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Had two players all day today, no one protecting him, poor delivery to him. He kept on presenting.
    Bevo give me a look in this week.

Post Thanks / Like

He does seem closest in style to Naughts of the 3 talls so if he needs to miss a week with concussion then he's the most 'like-for-like' replacement IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

From a development point of view, I hope he is exposed at the highest level just so he understands where he needs to be physically to be a week in, week out player.
    I have low expectations of his output until another pre-season or two are under his belt.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing. His stat sheet would look woeful but he kept on leading to poor delivery in a howling wind and was double and even triple teamed all day. Now with Naughton out, a perfect chance to blood him.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will make his AFL debut this week.

The number one pick in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft will line up for the Western Bulldogs in Sunday afternoon’s clash against the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium.

Ugle-Hagan has had to bide his time at VFL level this season. The 19-year-old has kicked 13 goals in seven games for Footscray – including a five-goal haul in round two against the GWS Giants – in a state-league season interrupted by a COVID-19 shutdown.

But with Aaron Naughton ruled out this week due to injury, the door has opened for Luke Beveridge to blood the highly talented key forward.

Ugle-Hagan was the Bulldogs’ first number one draft pick since Adam Cooney (2003) and is only the second Indigenous player to be selected at number one, following Des Headland (1998).

As he made his way through the junior ranks, the 197-centimetre forward idolised Sydney superstar Lance Franklin, who he’ll share the field with on Sunday.

Ugle-Hagan has come through the Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy. He hails from Framlingham – an Indigenous community near Warrnambool in south-west Victoria.

He is a product of the South Warrnambool FC, Scotch College and the Oakleigh Chargers.

He becomes the Bulldogs’ sixth debutant in 2021, joining Anthony Scott, Lachie McNeil, Jordon Sweet, Buku Khamis and Riley Garcia.

14. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Threedogs, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“The positive role model that you could be can be really special for Framlingham and all Indigenous kids, so it’s time to take that Marn Grook to Marvel mate.”

Now, I'm excited!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Excited that he is going to show the world what he’s got to offer.

But based on pure form, Schache is damn unlucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to Jamarra.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Marra, it's gonna be an exciting build up!
    W00F!

20. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely some rock star vibes to Jamarra, even if his performances haven't reached any great heights as yet. Pretty hyped to see him strut his stuff at the highest level, hopefully not having to deal with a double team and getting scrubbers kicked 5m in front of him in howling WO winds means he'll get on the end of a few.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.