Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Very good 2nd game from JUH. Very prominent today in our forward line. Good signs.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the bulldog pilgrims and humble servants of the football gods said to the football god;

Oh lord, we do not question your ways. But what would happen if you played Jamarra and not Hannan? Would we really reduce our marks inside 50? Would we lose the scoreboard impact in direct scores and score involvement? Could he not kick more goals than Bruce & Naughton combined? Could he not kick more points than the winning margin? Would the balance of the forward line be out of proportion not having a traditional medium forward?

The football god looked out and said to the bulldog pilgrims and humble servants;

Ye not know what you ask. Ye not understand what you seek. Ye don’t know the internal KPIs that Hannan is crushing. But how could you possibly know my ways. But as this is 1,000,000 prayer I’ve logged on this, with Devine Match Committee intervention I will give you one game to see what happens when you play Jamarra Ugle-Hagan over Mitch Hannan against the Gold Coast Suns. Then you will see for your own eyes, free of deceptions, what happens. But understand the responsibility of it will rest with all of you and you all must accept the outcome. For what happens will be the dogs future for ever and ever. Karl Amon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD, merantau, choconmientay, ratsmac, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Footy God, I’m now a footy atheist. Please take Hannan to Footscray to repent and I’m now following this new footy profit centre, on and off the field, Jamarra. The future is bright.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So the bulldog pilgrims and humble servants of the football gods said to the football god;

Oh lord, we do not question your ways. But what would happen if you played Jamarra and not Hannan? Would we really reduce our marks inside 50? Would we lose the scoreboard impact in direct scores and score involvement? Could he not kick more goals than Bruce & Naughton combined? Could he not kick more points than the winning margin? Would the balance of the forward line be out of proportion not having a traditional medium forward?

The football god looked out and said to the bulldog pilgrims and humble servants;

Ye not know what you ask. Ye not understand what you seek. Ye don’t know the internal KPIs that Hannan is crushing. But how could you possibly know my ways. But as this is 1,000,000 prayer I’ve logged on this, with Devine Match Committee intervention I will give you one game to see what happens when you play Jamarra Ugle-Hagan over Mitch Hannan against the Gold Coast Suns. Then you will see for your own eyes, free of deceptions, what happens. But understand the responsibility of it will rest with all of you and you all must accept the outcome. For what happens will be the dogs future for ever and ever. Karl Amon.
    Classic
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dermott was excited. That shimmy.

Very happy for JUH. Good to get the goals and some attention and angst off of him.

Post Thanks / Like

So pumped for JUH.

It also appears that Fevola has had a positive influence on JUH goal kicking technique and routine.

Maybe Fevola can help Bontempelli and Naughton in particular on set shot goal kicking.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marra is the type of player who will get a few bags of goals from not necessarily playing a great game. He just has that knack of being in the right spot at the right time as we have seen in the VFL already. His game yesterday against the sun's has kept the excitement bubbling away
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His kicking technique is actually a dead ringer for Fev’s. Same grip, same ball drop. Might need to go back and look at some u/18s footage to see if it’s changed at all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

God he has Naughton's swagger already. Naughts, JUH & Weightman with English as the forward/ruck is my dream set upo. VDM runs forward and a resting mid/wing and we really are set.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely kick of the ball

Post Thanks / Like

So whilst I was spending a weekend camping with mates, and giving my liver a punch in the guts, my wife and kids went to the game on the Gold Coast. When my 7 and a half year old son heard on Thursday night that Jamarra was playing, he was so excited.
    When I got back on Sunday he was so excited recounting how amazing Jamarra was. I asked him who was our best player, and he said 'Oh Jamarra for sure'. Clearly he wasn't, but it does highlight how marketable JUH is to the kids.
    My son was out in the backyard yesterday taking speccies and commentating his own game and all I kept hearing was 'Jamarra's taken a speccy and he's kicked another one, that's goal number 15!'

My son is definitely on the Marra train!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So whilst I was spending a weekend camping with mates, and giving my liver a punch in the guts, my wife and kids went to the game on the Gold Coast. When my 7 and a half year old son heard on Thursday night that Jamarra was playing, he was so excited.
    When I got back on Sunday he was so excited recounting how amazing Jamarra was. I asked him who was our best player, and he said 'Oh Jamarra for sure'. Clearly he wasn't, but it does highlight how marketable JUH is to the kids.
    My son was out in the backyard yesterday taking speccies and commentating his own game and all I kept hearing was 'Jamarra's taken a speccy and he's kicked another one, that's goal number 15!'

My son is definitely on the Marra train!
    This is actually exactly what I wanted to happen. See how much better it is when kids don’t have to pretend to be James Cook!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

My 7YO kicks around a soft footy in our lounge room with commentary and the last couple of weeks have been all Weightman &
    Ugle-Hagan
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton & Bonts officially chopped liver!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Naughton & Bonts officially chopped liver!!
    Don't worry BT when I kick the footy to myself in my lounge room or at the park I am most definitely Bontempelli and am kicking it to Naughton.

I must admit I am pretty surprised how good I am at the transition going between Bont and Naughton. I'm also a more accurate kick for goal than Naughton.
    More of an In Bruges guy?