Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't see the Buddy comparisons at all. I really don't.

If there's any player right now I think he plays like, it's Aaron Naughton. That launch at the ball is sublime, and he has really sticky hands. Super quick when the ball hits the ground - like Naughts, quicker than our smalls.
    Nobody would say JUH's kicking is a weapon.... just like Aaron.

I hope we're patient with him as he hasn't played any football in 2020 so I'm expecting him to need VFL time to work out senior football forward structures.
    I think he's dead on for Daniher. The Buddy comps are just lazy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think he's most like a Daryl White if you bred him as a pure forward but J's a better mark and a bit taller.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

So I've been hearing about Jamarra since he was 14 or 15. And if he reaches the heights that some in the industry (and footy club) believe he will reach....then I'd say our supporter base is nowhere near as excited as it could be.

He could be unlike any player we've ever had at our footy club.

Post Thanks / Like

Super excited. Reckon Marra is something special. When Cal Toomey is excited I reckon we should be too.

Kind of player who if he reaches his potential will bring folks to games just to see him weave some magic.

He and Astronaught taking speccies or bringing our small forwards into game-like wow baby!!

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I'd have to go back as far as Leon Cameron for the anticipation of seeing a 1st round draftee in our colours.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Super excited. Reckon Marra is something special. When Cal Toomey is excited I reckon we should be too.
    When Cal Toomey is excited we should be WORRIED!

(That said, I am confident about JUH).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Such a great feeling that someone so highly rated is coming to the kennel and there's nothing other clubs can do to stop it.
    The media has built him up so much i'm sure there is some that will have a crack if he isn't an instant hit.
    And please God, do not let this once in a generation kid have serious injuries/concussion issues.

'Marra' is the man.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi mjp-I find Cal pretty measured compared to others. Suppose it’s hard not to get caught up in hype train.

Post Thanks / Like

It is great stuff!

Hopefully it all pays off in the end. We have a huge opportunity to do well next year. Consistency in the season must be a priority And hopefully not many injuries to our big names.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd sign him right now to his RFA window, instant five year extension to the two he will get on draft night. Plus an ASA on the side. (The huge amount needed to keep him comes savings from Hunter/Wallis/Libba/Macrae/Bonts retiring or winding down.)

The only other player with 0-3 AFEL games I've said that about is Tom Boyd. Fair to say I have been plenty excited about Tom before, during and after the 2016 finals series. But even more bullish on JUH.

As an aside, both had similar very impressive bottom age years and were considered pick 1's from a long way out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If he can reach a level where he is a consistent threat and impacts games regularly he just makes us such a better side.

Extra size is good. He’s been good in the air, but will need the strength too.

Who was the last key forward we drafted in the first round? Tim Walsh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    If he can reach a level where he is a consistent threat and impacts games regularly he just makes us such a better side.

Extra size is good. He’s been good in the air, but will need the strength too.

Who was the last key forward we drafted in the first round? Tim Walsh?
    Ayce was in theory a forward before turning ruck. Stringer not a KPF. Possibly yeah.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ayce was in theory a forward before turning ruck. Stringer not a KPF. Possibly yeah.
    Feels like a lifetime ago.

Let’s see how our track record improves 19 years later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Feels like a lifetime ago.

Let’s see how our track record improves 19 years later.
    Yep! We drafted a full back that’s goes ok forward though. Just needs to kick straight.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really excited about what Jamarra can bring to our club on a number of levels but I'm prepared to be patient. I do expect him to be a dominant player in the competition but I think we are going to have to wait until he settles in for a while before seeing his full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Think I'd have to go back as far as Leon Cameron for the anticipation of seeing a 1st round draftee in our colours.
    I remember being pretty excited about Cooney after seeing a couple of clips of him playing in the SANFL and doing some pretty amazing things. Watching Andrejs Everitt using his kicking skills I thought we'd picked up a pretty special player. Richard Cousins was pretty big news when we drafted him. Andrew Purser was the first number one draft pick and pretty much walked into the team and dominated other ruckmen from his first game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite