Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Jon Ralph: Jamarra concussed. 12 days of no footy from today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jon Ralph: Jamarra concussed. 12 days of no footy from today.
    Footscray has a bye next week anyway.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Footscray has a bye next week anyway.
    More, the media can leave the ‘when will he debut’ story for a few weeks. Silver lining.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

More, the media can leave the ‘when will he debut’ story for a few weeks. Silver lining.
    Assuming they read match reports.

I'm not sure I'll give them that much credit
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Assuming they read match reports.

I'm not sure I'll give them that much credit
    Assuming they can read at all is more credit then I'm willing to give them.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the whole Tom Boyd thing I think with Jamarra, we need a media expert to help Luke tackle the pressure they will put on him in press conferences. He doesn't seem to be handling it well.
    He can't solve things by cornering people in the toilets all the time. Sometimes, ok fine.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    After the whole Tom Boyd thing I think with Jamarra, we need a media expert to help Luke tackle the pressure they will put on him in press conferences. He doesn't seem to be handling it well.
    He can't solve things by cornering people in the toilets all the time. Sometimes, ok fine.
    Damien hasn't learnt his lesson
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Damien hasn't learnt his lesson
    How are you B.a.d?
    They drag that out on the footy show from time to time as a joke.
    Luke is probably lucky he didn't get dragged over the coals for that one.
    He's such a great coach though, and great respect for Luke.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Assuming they can read at all is more credit then I'm willing to give them.
    Ironing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    He just needs to stay “on message”.

We have a plan for Jamarra and he knows what is required from him before he’s selected. He’s going to be a great player for the club and we can’t wait for his time to come. It won’t be this week.”

Next.

The key thing is more for Bevo to accept he’ll keep getting the questions and that he’s also allowed to just repeat his answer every week.

16. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, well there was the underlying frustration of the loss, which may have even been the main cause of his anger.
    So, a system to deflect these types of inquiries and just keep level would be good. As you say MM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    He just needs to stay “on message”.

We have a plan for Jamarra and he knows what is required from him before he’s selected. He’s going to be a great player for the club and we can’t wait for his time to come. It won’t be this week.”

Next.

The key thing is more for Bevo to accept he’ll keep getting the questions and that he’s also allowed to just repeat his answer every week.
    He quipped that with Marra having a forced week off, he’ll miss the questions about when Marra is getting picked. Agree he just needs a rote response and move on to the next question.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He quipped that with Marra having a forced week off, he’ll miss the questions about when Marra is getting picked. Agree he just needs a rote response and move on to the next question.
    Sure Peter Gordon knows a bulldog supporting retired judge to head up an inquiry into when Jamarra debuts...

Bevo: “As this matter of Jamarra debuting is before judicial inquiry I’m unable to comment. I don’t want to prejudice the judge and it would be wrong to do so.”

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure Peter Gordon knows a bulldog supporting retired judge to head up an inquiry into when Jamarra debuts...

Bevo: “As this matter of Jamarra debuting is before judicial inquiry I’m unable to comment. I don’t want to prejudice the judge and it would be wrong to do so.”
    there are a few lawyers on the Board

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugle-Hagan bides his time

Western Bulldogs key forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan says he’ll remain patient as he continues to work towards an AFL debut.

Ugle-Hagan has missed the last three weeks of football – two of those as a result of the AFL’s concussion protocols, and a third when last weekend’s VFL round was abandoned because of Victoria’s latest coronavirus cluster.

Despite having to watch a number of players from the 2020 draft class debut at the senior level over the last month, the 19-year-old said he trusts the process and will work hard to earn his opportunity.

“It’s obviously tough (waiting), but we’ve got such a strong team,” Ugle-Hagan told Bob Murphy and Easton Wood on last week’s Barkly St podcast.

“Obviously I’m still a rookie, so I’m going to listen to what the professionals and the coach (says).

“Luke Beveridge knows what he’s doing, so I’m just going to let him do what he does, and I’ll sit by the sidelines until I’m ready.”

Raised in Framlingham, an Indigenous community about 25km north-east of Warnambool, Ugle-Hagan said receiving attention from some of the league’s most talented Indigenous players still comes as a shock to him.

“On draft night, I received a couple of messages even before the draft from Eddie Betts, Charlie Cameron and a couple of others,” he said.

“Even when you see them they’ll say congratulations and stuff so it’s like they know (you), and it’s crazy how they notice stuff.

“Even though you’re playing in the same league, you still feel special because last year I was just a kid watching the AFL, but now I’m in the league so it’s pretty exciting.”

23. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post