Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sam was reading from a document on his laptop. He wasn’t saying things off the top of his head he knew to be true, he was saying things carefully structured when he had time to write it.

From SEN twitter video: He didn’t say Jamarra had offers. He didn’t say Jamarra was seeking offers. He didn’t say Jamarra’s Manager was active in this space. He didn’t say clubs were contacting Sam Power. He didn’t invoke Tom Boyd’s name even though that’s the exact scenario as outlined to invoke Tom Boyd’s name. He criticised Schache playing against Richmond, and didn’t mention Josh’s bag of five goals in the VFL to earn promotion. He said Schache didn’t get near it. How is Josh’s output in that game some test about whether Jamarra wants out or wants to flirt with it? He didn’t mention Bevo’s comments or Jamarras own recent comments about earning a spot. He didn’t say Fevola was pushing him to do or not do things (because he’s not). He didn’t say Jamarra is a bulldog for at least another 18 months as of today. He didn’t flesh out any of the circumstances. He mentioned where would Bevo even play him with Naughton, Bruce & English? That’s not dispositive of anything. He’s our quickest forward. Maybe we could play him forward. This was a careful click bait statement. Ask yourself why things were not said and why he was reading off essentially a TelePrompTer.

So it’s some clubs maybe circling (if true, maybe they’re shit stirring. Or it’s not true. Unnamed clubs and unnamed sources say they’ll get Pick 1 from last year...). Then Jamarra wants to play and may be open to offers. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s a lie. Maybe it’s Jamarra’s Manager trying to push his name up. Maybe Sam Power has given Jamarra a contract extension, and because of the limited exposure it’s not the dollars or years that he wants. Maybe a story about others clubs Interest is designed to drive up the years/dollars. Has this ever happened before? Ask yourself are these scenarios as likely or more likely than Edmund’s sensationalist words.

There’s no smoke. There’s no fire. There’s no problem. Other than the standard of ‘footy journalism’ in our code. It’s sad and pathetic that ‘professionals’ lower themselves to Twitter trolls.
    Agree with all of this. But I also thought the same thing when the rumours first surfaced about Dunkley wanting out because Bevo was playing him in the ruck sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know about the substance of this but I reckon I definitely know where Edmund is getting his info from.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's a hell of a pickle for the club. Normally number 1 picks are going to bottom rated teams, who are better placed to give games to their top picks early.
    We're contending and not really in a position to play him if he's not earned his spot.
    I can see how this could get sticky, as I presume Jamarra has a healthy ego and wants the stage now. But I equally support the match committee to continue to do what is right for our 2021 season.
    Play him when they think he's earned it
    Yeah it's a tricky one. I don't think he's ready yet and unfortunately with COVID and concussion, he hasn't had many chances to put his name up for selection. Normally if a player, in such a scenario, starts sooking about wanting a game I'd be more than willing to move them on. But Jamarra is one of a kind. We will have to give in somewhat (assuming any of this has any truth at all). But we're looking at a tilt for the flag so we can't just be gifting games to someone because they were selected no 1. Maybe the game against North is the right time to do it? Let's hope the VFL can resume soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t know about the substance of this but I reckon I definitely know where Edmund is getting his info from.
    Big Footy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Agree with all of this. But I also thought the same thing when the rumours first surfaced about Dunkley wanting out because Bevo was playing him in the ruck sometimes.
    Where’s Dunkley playing right now?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Big Footy?
    Well its not from Jamarra and its not from his girlfriend but it is from his girlfriend’s dad and its from Brendan Fevola.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes jeemak, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its not from Jamarra and its not from his girlfriend but it is from his girlfriend’s dad and its from Brendan Fevola.
    The main reason I wasn’t happy when I heard who Jamarra’s girlfriend was.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Footy.

Brendan Fevola.

11. Likes jeemak, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that d**khead. Can someone intervene with Jamarra's relationship there? It needs to end. That mans influence can only be negative.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont see Fev as someone that will go around using ppl like Sam, he would much prefer the spotlight himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, this is the type of scrutiny that comes with a) bring the #1 pick and b) becoming an increasingly bigger and more relevant club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the media smell blood. It’s even worse in typed words.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...pLYlRtNUxveOkA

Post Thanks / Like

Nah. This is the footy media now.

1. Tom Browne makes up shit. Or this time Edmund.
    2. Other seperate news outlet reports said made up shit as a seperate story using Edmund as the source.

I still see nothing in what he carefully said to give anyone concern. People click on the video. People click on the article. People see it on social media. That’s the game here, say shit without actually saying it is to make money.

Frankie says relax.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 16. Next home game. Play him. Let him taste it. Show him some love.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Round 16. Next home game. Play him. Let him taste it. Show him some love.
    Say we do.

Whose place in the side does JUH take?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.