Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How did he go yesterday? Was a first game back after five weeks, would expect that he'd need a couple of weeks.
    Very poor. Two late goals, one from a dodgy free. But everything else was quite poor. The media won’t be pushing it hard and Jon Ralph was first to come out and say his debut seems a mile off with performances like that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be a good idea to gift him a game to taste the waters at the top level but we have to be careful which game it is. Also we have a bad habit of dropping games we should win so if JUH is that under done it could cost us in we would potentially be playing a man short.
    I can also just picture him being left high and dry by the players up field if there not confident in what he can offer.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to gift him a game to taste the waters at the top level but we have to be careful which game it is. Also we have a bad habit of dropping games we should win so if JUH is that under done it could cost us in we would potentially be playing a man short.
    I can also just picture him being left high and dry by the players up field if there not confident in what he can offer.
    Surely he would do better than Hannan
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Young as a forward is better than Hannan. At least Young has good hands and can close check an opponent. Pretty much everyone is better than Hannan right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Very poor. Two late goals, one from a dodgy free. But everything else was quite poor. The media won’t be pushing it hard and Jon Ralph was first to come out and say his debut seems a mile off with performances like that.
    They won't be pushing for his inclusion, rather, they'll be lamenting our management of him and suggesting we've not developed him properly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They won't be pushing for his inclusion, rather, they'll be lamenting our management of him and suggesting we've not developed him properly.
    Expect anything else? They have to keep the story going somehow? Play him this week, he stinks it up, then we’ve burned Schache after he kicks 6 and Schache should demand a trade because we are not rewarding form.

Post Thanks / Like

We should legit keep Schache in the twos. He’s not gonna be at the club next year and playing him in the firsts is only gonna hurt his value.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a fan and have a huge appetite for the hype around JUH. But I just can’t understand why a number one draft pick would not be throwing the kitchen sink at getting a game in the big league. It has Buddy Franklin all over it in his early years.

My point is looking at the Cats game yesterday I was quite annoyed that here is a little bloke like Weightman playing 5 straight games. He isn’t a high draft pick and having the time of his life. He doesn’t have the natural gifts of JUH but had applied himself snd going as instructed and reaping the rewards for the hard yards and effort put into the training track.

West is JUH head at. Someone needs to sit this boy down and shine a light on this opportunity. Get the same person that got Libba back on the straight and narrow a few years ago.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit like you BB in that the thing that concerns me is we hear about how if he was at a club with bad forwards he'd be getting games and he'd be happy playing seniors, and not that he's doing absolutely everything he can to break into a strong forward line up.

Last week was the first time I think I've heard Bevo say that he's training really hard, and he's been at the club since late last year. I want to hear about him doing boxing sessions, extra running and getting as strong as he can be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

That could be debatable at this stage because Hannan is seasoned and JUH would be even more of a none event than Hannan.
    He has no work rate from what I have seen on TV and is easily removed from the contest.
    As I said I would be happy to give him a taste but the time has to be right and on Hannan I think he should be replaced by Mitch and give Schache a game as he put in a good one in the VFL and Astro maybe given a rest to get over any soreness.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Playing Jamarra right now or even in the next few weeks would be a really poor move.

He played yesterday's game like he hasn't played in 6 weeks, and guess what, he hasn't.

The last thing he needs is to get picked too early, and have overly emotional supporters start going off their tree about how he can't run or get a kick, or basically be able to meet the demands of the game at AFL level right now. Its just the reality of the situation, that he didn't play footy last year, he's had a very interrupted first year - and the absolute last thing he needs is his girlfriends father talking sh1t on radio about how he should be going on road trips with the senior team.

He just needs to play footy, in the VFL, and get himself ready for when he is required.

16. Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...he might not be THIS WEEK.

But if you gave him EVERY GAME for the rest of the year ahead of Hannan, then by year's end who would be the player causing the opposition more headaches.

The arguments about not playing him because he's not ready? Well...of COURSE he isn't ready. He's played 5x games in 2 years.

But not playing him is not getting him ready. I'm firmly in the 'Our time is NOW' camp and having dangerous forwards who could potentially impact the game in our side could really help. We have our share of foot soldiers right now...we need to give the other sides something to think about.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

18. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well...he might not be THIS WEEK.

But if you gave him EVERY GAME for the rest of the year ahead of Hannan, then by year's end who would be the player causing the opposition more headaches.

The arguments about not playing him because he's not ready? Well...of COURSE he isn't ready. He's played 5x games in 2 years.

But not playing him is not getting him ready. I'm firmly in the 'Our time is NOW' camp and having dangerous forwards who could potentially impact the game in our side could really help. We have our share of foot soldiers right now...we need to give the other sides something to think about.
    Couple this with the possibility that he could be one of those players that seem thrive on the big stage- it could be the thing that gets him going.

Thilthorpe was worse than average in the lead up to his first game, but they identified Hawthorn's lack of Key defenders as the perfect time to give him a jolt of confidence. It's about the only clever thing the Crows have done in about four years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Couple this with the possibility that he could be one of those players that seem thrive on the big stage- it could be the thing that gets him going.

Thilthorpe was worse than average in the lead up to his first game, but they identified Hawthorn's lack of Key defenders as the perfect time to give him a jolt of confidence. It's about the only clever thing the Crows have done in about four years.
    Thilthorpe played all last year against men and was much more hardened than Marra is right now. Marra would be chewed up and spit out at AFL level.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Bring Marra in for the North match
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.