Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Sam Edmund just reported on SEN - rival clubs circling Jamarra. Reporting discontent between him and club. Reports JUH willing to entertain talks

Post Thanks / Like

Sam has nothing else better to say. Click bait at his finest. Bullshit at its purest. I don’t take any of this with any credibility.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Sam Edmund just reported on SEN - rival clubs circling Jamarra. Reporting discontent between him and club. Reports JUH willing to entertain talks
    Always good getting back into the car to hear this tripe.

It's been a bit of a perfect storm for Jamarra thus far for reasons we all know so hopefully some understanding to the unique situation is being had.

Post Thanks / Like

Where there's smoke there's fire. It'll be what it'll be. I'm not at all for gifting players a game but some players do carry enormous egos and by all reports, Jamarra is one of them. We need to have a give and take approach with him.

The worst part of all this, if it's indeed true, is the failure to retain indigenous talent.

I know it's all rumour at this point, but usually when stuff like this gets raised in the media, there is an element of truth to it. Hopefully it's just something that's been blown out of proportion. Only time will tell. To be honest, it was only a matter of time until this got raised. Top pick -> not playing -> wants out. I don't think there's any reasonable substance to this yet, but we're all well aware of the Dunkley saga last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Where there's smoke there's fire. It'll be what it'll be. I'm not at all for gifting players a game but some players do carry enormous egos and by all reports, Jamarra is one of them. We need to have a give and take approach with him.

The worst part of all this, if it's indeed true, is the failure to retain indigenous talent.

I know it's all rumour at this point, but usually when stuff like this gets raised in the media, there is an element of truth to it. Hopefully it's just something that's been blown out of proportion. Only time will tell.
    I have no idea if there is any truth to it but with Australian footy media the saying of "where there is smoke, there is fire" is absolutely not accurate.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I have no idea if there is any truth to it but with Australian footy media the saying of "where there is smoke, there is fire" is absolutely not accurate.
    Well, there isn't necessarily any smoke yet

Post Thanks / Like

For those interested, here is the link to the clip:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CP7EG3R...dium=copy_link

Post Thanks / Like

All rubbish he will play a game and it will be gone.

Post Thanks / Like

What would you trade him for? Two single figure first rounders?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a hell of a pickle for the club. Normally number 1 picks are going to bottom rated teams, who are better placed to give games to their top picks early.
    We're contending and not really in a position to play him if he's not earned his spot.
    I can see how this could get sticky, as I presume Jamarra has a healthy ego and wants the stage now. But I equally support the match committee to continue to do what is right for our 2021 season.
    Play him when they think he's earned it

12. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hey

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes jeemak, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam was reading from a document on his laptop. He wasn’t saying things off the top of his head he knew to be true, he was saying things carefully structured when he had time to write it.

From SEN twitter video: He didn’t say Jamarra had offers. He didn’t say Jamarra was seeking offers. He didn’t say Jamarra’s Manager was active in this space. He didn’t say clubs were contacting Sam Power. He didn’t invoke Tom Boyd’s name even though that’s the exact scenario as outlined to invoke Tom Boyd’s name. He criticised Schache playing against Richmond, and didn’t mention Josh’s bag of five goals in the VFL to earn promotion. He said Schache didn’t get near it. How is Josh’s output in that game some test about whether Jamarra wants out or wants to flirt with it? He didn’t mention Bevo’s comments or Jamarras own recent comments about earning a spot. He didn’t say Fevola was pushing him to do or not do things (because he’s not). He didn’t say Jamarra is a bulldog for at least another 18 months as of today. He didn’t flesh out any of the circumstances. He mentioned where would Bevo even play him with Naughton, Bruce & English? That’s not dispositive of anything. He’s our quickest forward. Maybe we could play him forward. This was a careful click bait statement. Ask yourself why things were not said and why he was reading off essentially a TelePrompTer.

So it’s some clubs maybe circling (if true, maybe they’re shit stirring. Or it’s not true. Unnamed clubs and unnamed sources say they’ll get Pick 1 from last year...). Then Jamarra wants to play and may be open to offers. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s a lie. Maybe it’s Jamarra’s Manager trying to push his name up. Maybe Sam Power has given Jamarra a contract extension, and because of the limited exposure it’s not the dollars or years that he wants. Maybe a story about others clubs Interest is designed to drive up the years/dollars. Has this ever happened before? Ask yourself are these scenarios as likely or more likely than Edmund’s sensationalist words.

There’s no smoke. There’s no fire. There’s no problem. Other than the standard of ‘footy journalism’ in our code. It’s sad and pathetic that ‘professionals’ lower themselves to Twitter trolls.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn’t. He’s hot going anywhere.

18. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we were in a situation where our hands are tied, yeah that at a minimum. But, if the club poaching him has a good KPD, I'd be demanding him AND a first rounder.

Now, what's the bet if this eventuates that the club will be Essendon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    If we were in a situation where our hands are tied, yeah that at a minimum. But, if the club poaching him has a good KPD, I'd be demanding him AND a first rounder.

Now, what's the bet if this eventuates that the club will be Essendon?
    Nik Cox thanks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.