Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    We are the highest scoring team in the league. I think we are functioning pretty well in this area of the game.
    We are, but scores of 55, 59 & 78 against probably the best 3 teams in the comp (of the Melb teams) shows that there is room for improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We are, but scores of 55, 59 & 78 against probably the best 3 teams in the comp (of the Melb teams) shows that there is room for improvement.
    I don't think there is any coincidence that we went in with a reduced ruck combo for those games (Martin v Richmond, Sweet/English v Melbourne & English v Geelong).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't think there is any coincidence that we went in with a reduced ruck combo for those games.
    55 - Richmond - Martin played, but was hobbling. English out with concussion. Nank played one out with support from Pickett.
    59 - Melbourne - Sweet & English played - Sweet was poor with only 3 touches and English was rusty after missing a month of footy.
    78 - Geelong - we know the story there.

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    55 - Richmond - Martin played, but was hobbling. English out with concussion. Nank played one out with support from Pickett.
    59 - Melbourne - Sweet & English played - Sweet was poor with only 3 touches and English was rusty after missing a month of footy.
    78 - Geelong - we know the story there.
    Yep.

If English plays in the Richmond game, we definitely get closer.

And if we'd have played Sweet or Martin in the Geelong game, I honestly believe we win through improved structure ahead of the ball.

The Melbourne game, we probably don't win even if Stef played and was at 100% we were that much off our tucker. But it would have been closer.

Most of our scoring problems against good sides stem from issues in the ruck and it is a hill I will die on!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep.

Most of our scoring problems against good sides stem from issues in the ruck and it is a hill I will die on!
    Damn, I really thought it was the Naughton to the backline was your chosen hill.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Damn, I really thought it was the Naughton to the backline was your chosen hill.
    I have many hills.

10. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes ratsmac, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how important Bruce has been and answered questions about his ability to score against good opponents. In these three games:

Bruce 7.4
    Naughton 4.1
    English 2.0 (in two games)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting how important Bruce has been and answered questions about his ability to score against good opponents. In these three games:

Bruce 7.4
    Naughton 4.1
    English 2.0 (in two games)
    He also had a strong performance against Port on the road, and in the that game as in the Geelong game was forced to chop out in the ruck. He's been excellent this year.

Post Thanks / Like

He also had a strong performance against Port on the road, and in the that game as in the Geelong game was forced to chop out in the ruck. He's been excellent this year.
    Yep. I’ve been really happy that he can put weak opponents to the sword and hit the scoreboard against good defenders and teams.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. I’ve been really happy that he can put weak opponents to the sword and hit the scoreboard against good defenders and teams.
    He had a down game against Richmond, but credit to him, he's been rock solid since and a big part of why we're sitting 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Astounded at Bruce's turn around. He's far more skilled than I gave him credit for. And he's really exuberant, getting around his teammates and supportive.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

That goal that he was trying to pass to the open seats behind the goal I guess was some Buddy shit. Bruce rules.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That goal that he was trying to pass to the open seats behind the goal I guess was some Buddy shit. Bruce rules.
    Nah it was just an accident he definitely wasn't going for goal.

The commentators said that so it must be true.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Could you imagine the hullaballoo if it was Buddy who kicked it?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Could you imagine the hullaballoo if it was Buddy who kicked it?
    Exactly. That was one of the best goals I have seen from a guy 197cm, running flat out along the boundary, 50m wrong side of goal for a left footer and split the goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.