Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    You reckon he’s genuinely earned his spot? With Bevos mantra of no spots are guaranteed and all….

Regardless - I can’t wait to see him play and there is a nice story with his childhood idol down the other end
    Yes - 6 tackles. It's about leading, workrate, and effort
    It was a nice touch when he thanked Naughton in front of the group though, glad he got a laugh
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Surprised he didn't try to ruffle some feathers and throw the old 'selection integrity' into the mix to be honest.
    He’s almost taking over from Stevo as #1 media fan.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised he didn't try to ruffle some feathers and throw the old 'selection integrity' into the mix to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He’s almost taking over from Stevo as #1 media fan.
    Yep, old Damo has been almost entirely positive towards us this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Yep, old Damo has been almost entirely positive towards us this season.
    We have been top 2 all season. A lot harder to sling mud at a team that is humming along nicely
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph tried this line last night. These dickheads that talk about selection integrity are the same dickheads pushing hard for JUH to get a game 3 months ago. And they will be the same dickheads who will either shower JUH with lavish praise on Monday after a successful debut or castigate the club for abandoning form and throwing JUH to the wolves at senior level.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra jumper presented by his Grandmother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yes - 6 tackles. It's about leading, workrate, and effort
    It was a nice touch when he thanked Naughton in front of the group though, glad he got a laugh
    Fair enough - agree completely on work rate, not a huge fan of goals being the only measurement. For me he has been off on form alone - I don’t think he’s earned his spot in the same vein a player like schache or west needs to each time they play. I’m also a fan of context and consideration based on each player and I’m delighted we get to see him in action, he needs a taste,

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How excited am I?

I jumped out of bed this morning thinking how exciting my day is, like a kid on Christmas morning getting the best present possibly ever, watching Jamarra today.

But it’s only *!*!*!*!ing Christmas Eve.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How excited am I?

I jumped out of bed this morning thinking how exciting my day is, like a kid on Christmas morning getting the best present possibly ever, watching Jamarra today.

But it’s only *!*!*!*!ing Christmas Eve.
    Late Sunday games are the pits! It's going to be a loooong Jamarra Eve.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope when we open the present expecting that toy we've been wanting for a while we don't find a pair of socks.

Going by the VFL I'm not expecting too much I just hope he has some good patches and can get his first goal in the AFL.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I just hope when we open the present expecting that toy we've been wanting for a while we don't find a pair of socks.

Going by the VFL I'm not expecting too much I just hope he has some good patches and can get his first goal in the AFL.
    My expectations are ultra low: sub 10 possession game and maybe 1 goal.

Just hoping he gets a chance to leap at a few, tackles hard when it's his turn and ultimately, gets to stand in the middle of the song as we belt it out after a win.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect anything this is a taste for him. Any contribution he makes is a bonus this is an icebreaker make no bones about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he will get a couple of shots. If the entries come in high, he could take MOTY. He work rate is the key. Jamarra, Weightman & JJ are all sub 3 Seconds over 20m. If we can use this pace to pressure turnovers and then Jamarra & Weightman with other talls are threats in the air. I think he’s going to do quite well, maybe even contention for a rising star nomination on debut. But moreover this is a learning exercise for a teenager, he will learn he’s good enough already or he’ll learn what he needs to work on/adjust to. But it’s going to be fun and exciting no matter what.

18. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Well I’m bloody excited. Can’t wait to see the young man play today.

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still very excited. But he got a wake up call about the next level, which is a good thing for him to have had this year heading into preseason.

But Jamarra got 7 touches in a dysfunctional forward line (Weightman 5, Wallis 8, Scott 8, Hannan 8, Bruce 8, JJ 10) and laid the same number as tackles as JJ. Plus almost all were contested and he had 5 score Involvements (more than Wallis, JJ, Scott, Weightman & Hannan). In context of his fellow forwards, he’s about par with 150+ game players.

It’s no rising star nomination, but it’s a good developmental lesson.

22. Likes KT31 liked this post