Thanks Thanks:  81
Likes Likes:  553
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra - How excited are YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I'm not looking forward to Essendon coming after him in two years, like literally every Essendon fan reckons they will.
    Yeah, worked for Dunkley...

They're going to be cellar dwellers for a while.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Not excited.

We won't develop him properly, history suggests so.
    History suggests we don't win prelims, stay in debt and never find genuine exciting KPFs ourselves.

With the greatest of respect, %^$ history. We're smack bang in our first real era of defying it. The first time JUH kicks to Naughton, or visa versa, our supporters will go nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

JUH just went live on AFL.com.au and he seems completely different to the likes of Schache and Boyd. Laid back, funny and has an air of confidence.

Said he asked if he could train on Friday but the AFL rules say he can't start until next week, though he did have a sneaky kick and running sesh with Bont yesterday. Love it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely excited, I haven't been this excited since we stole Boyd from the Ferals.
    I am a tad apprehensive he wont live up to the hype, although it seems more and more unlikely as he has been on the Woof raider for several years now.
    I also hope we let him settle and find his feet and not expect to much from him too early.Aah #$%@ it if he doesn't kick a bag in his first couple of games he's a Bust.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    JUH just went live on AFL.com.au and he seems completely different to the likes of Schache and Boyd. Laid back, funny and has an air of confidence.

Said he asked if he could train on Friday but the AFL rules say he can't start until next week, though he did have a sneaky kick and running sesh with Bont yesterday. Love it.
    Yeah I'm not sure where these tall forward comparisons are coming from. He doesn't play like one. Tall forwards who were busts were so because they physically dominated at U18 level and then found they weren't much chop against opponents their own size. JUH is nothing like that. He's not huge. What makes him special is his freak athleticism in speed, agility and leap, combined with his size. This kid is not a one trick pony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure where these tall forward comparisons are coming from. He doesn't play like one. Tall forwards who were busts were so because they physically dominated at U18 level and then found they weren't much chop against opponents their own size. JUH is nothing like that. He's not huge. What makes him special is his freak athleticism in speed, agility and leap, combined with his size. This kid is not a one trick pony.
    Doesn't shy away from the hype, was wise cracking the entire interview. Definitely seems to live in that space between confidence and arrogance that all the best athletes inhabit (Naughts is also of the same ilk). No canned lines or polished media training.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Wingman?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The 'big boned' strong forwards do seem to struggle now - the skinnier athletic types seem to fare much better - the King twins and Naughton are the modern prototypes, the guys who are mobile and can really launch at the ball.
    I saw Jon Patton walking his dog in the streets of Richmond a couple of days ago, and he's absolutely huge and thick set. Nothing like the kids coming through now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I saw Jon Patton walking his dog in the streets of Richmond a couple of days ago, and he's absolutely huge and thick set. Nothing like the kids coming through now.
    If we consider the opposite end of the ground - Dad performed well as a FB in his junior days, but played one game for us.
    He was so muscly he looked borderline ridiculous.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yeah, worked for Dunkley...

They're going to be cellar dwellers for a while.
    They'll finish bottom and he'll go to them for nothing via the preseason draft!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Pre Draft Mood

Jamarra:

“I probably had the worst sleep last night. I’ve had butterflies in my stomach since this morning.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Even Marra is EXCITED!!

From Herald Sun online:

Likely No.1 pick's bizarre Bont favour

By Tim Michell

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan already wears the pants at Western Bulldogs.
    Ugle-Hagan, from country Victorian town Framlingham, realised he'd arrived in Melbourne for the draft without a pair of jeans to wear to a draft night event.
    His first call? Bulldogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli.
    "He took me in for a week and looked after me and I obviously learned off him," he said.
    "I'm actually taking his pants tonight as well because I didn't have jeans up in Melbourne.
    "I think he was the first person I rang, I was like, 'do you have any jeans I can borrow?'
    "I'm going to go pick them up soon."
    Ugle-Hagan, tipped to be selected with pick 1 in tonight's draft, said he was yet to speak to the player he has been compared to for more than a year – Sydney superstar Lance Franklin.
    But he's hoping for a call soon.
    "Hopefully soon, to be honest. It's been like a year and a half nearly that talk has been happening and I thought he would give me a message," he said.
    "Even like a, 'Mate, you're not Buddy'. Anything would do. He's a good bloke…I look up to him still."
    The Bulldogs Next Generation Academy prospect said he had "the worst sleep" on Tuesday night as he waits to learn whether he'll be heading to Whitten Oval.
    "I’ve had butterflies in my stomach since this morning," he said on the AFL website.
    Adelaide has been tipped to bid for Ugle-Hagan with pick 1 but the Bulldogs will have no hesitation matching to snare the player most clubs rate as the best in this year's draft pool.
    Ugle-Hagan said he asked to train on Friday with his new club but had been told draftees had to wait until Monday.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

How's the temerity of the greenhorn calling out Buddy like "Hey fam, why u duckin' me?"

I love it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes Grantysghost, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for that post squirrel grip.

Got ourselves one cool dude. My only fear (apart from being poached in a few years) is he catches the goal kicking wobbles but he seems like the type that would take that in his stride and improve.

18. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thx for that post squirrel grip.

Got ourselves one cool dude. My only fear (apart from being poached in a few years) is he catches the goal kicking wobbles but he seems like the type that would take that in his stride and improve.
    I'd take it if he turns out to play like Naughton or Chris Grant.