Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Crow Fans

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dear Crow Fans

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Fixed.

On Draft radio, JUH mentioned he borrowed Bon't pants.
    Just as well Caleb didn't take Marra under his wing then.

2. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I've read this 5 times and still don't know what it says.
    From Herald Sun online:

Likely No.1 pick's bizarre Bont favour

By Tim Michell

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan already wears the pants at Western Bulldogs.
    Ugle-Hagan, from country Victorian town Framlingham, realised he'd arrived in Melbourne for the draft without a pair of jeans to wear to a draft night event.
    His first call? Bulldogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli.
    "He took me in for a week and looked after me and I obviously learned off him," he said.
    "I'm actually taking his pants tonight as well because I didn't have jeans up in Melbourne.
    "I think he was the first person I rang, I was like, 'do you have any jeans I can borrow?'
    "I'm going to go pick them up soon."
    Ugle-Hagan, tipped to be selected with pick 1 in tonight's draft, said he was yet to speak to the player he has been compared to for more than a year – Sydney superstar Lance Franklin.
    But he's hoping for a call soon.
    "Hopefully soon, to be honest. It's been like a year and a half nearly that talk has been happening and I thought he would give me a message," he said.
    "Even like a, 'Mate, you're not Buddy'. Anything would do. He's a good bloke…I look up to him still."
    The Bulldogs Next Generation Academy prospect said he had "the worst sleep" on Tuesday night as he waits to learn whether he'll be heading to Whitten Oval.
    "I’ve had butterflies in my stomach since this morning," he said on the AFL website.
    Adelaide has been tipped to bid for Ugle-Hagan with pick 1 but the Bulldogs will have no hesitation matching to snare the player most clubs rate as the best in this year's draft pool.
    Ugle-Hagan said he asked to train on Friday with his new club but had been told draftees had to wait until Monday.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

4. Thanks josie, Axe Man, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Squirrel Grip-suggest you repeat this in the thread on who is excited about Jamarra. He and Bont forming close bond might alleviate concerns Jamarra likely to be poached by Bummers. Unless they go after both !! (I think woofers would burn down windy hill if that were to eventuate...).

6. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as well Caleb didn't take Marra under his wing then.
    or English
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes The Underdog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to SA Media, according to the Crows, the Crows went with our man at #1 so we would have to burn more picks, they figured it meant that they were more likely to get Rowe this way.

No idea if we wanted Rowe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    According to SA Media, according to the Crows, the Crows went with our man at #1 so we would have to burn more picks, they figured it meant that they were more likely to get Rowe this way.

They knew Happydays was on to Rowe
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post

Not bad spin.

Although Rowe went at Pick 38. North or Sydney bidding on him we wouldn't have likely had a Pick to get him.

They gave their Number 1 Pick away. But it's not bad spin, if you don't over analyse it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Throughandthrough, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not bad spin.

Although Rowe went at Pick 38. North or Sydney bidding on him we wouldn't have likely had a Pick to get him.

They gave their Number 1 Pick away. But it's not bad spin, if you don't over analyse it.
    As discussed in another thread and as the Crows say in the video they were concerned we could package up our remaining picks to trade to another team and jump ahead of them to grab Rowe.

Post Thanks / Like

Rowe gives me Andrew Hooper vibes anyway.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As discussed in another thread and as the Crows say in the video they were concerned we could package up our remaining picks to trade to another team and jump ahead of them to grab Rowe.
    I've heard more plausible conspiracies this week. Long live Hugo Chavez.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've heard more plausible conspiracies this week. Long live Hugo Chavez.
    If we wanted Rowe (or anybody else for that matter) it's exactly what we would have attempted to do if possible. A bid at pick 3 would have left us with 3 picks with points attached I think, when we were only taking 1 more player. Makes perfect sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If we wanted Rowe (or anybody else for that matter) it's exactly what we would have attempted to do if possible. A bid at pick 3 would have left us with 3 picks with points attached I think, when we were only taking 1 more player. Makes perfect sense to me.
    The proposition seems to be from them that they gambled on Pick 1 (or otherwise bid without real intent) because if JUH slipped to 3, something not guaranteed, we might have tried to package two or three late picks to get an end of second rounder to get Rowe, specifically. Did they know we rated Rowe in the second round? Who told them? Who plays with a Pick 1 bid with a range of non guaranteed variables. Did they not consider we could’ve traded down a future first to land a second rounder to get Rowe since we rated him allegedly so highly.

It’s classical disinformation. Focus on the genius 3D chess strategy and focus on Rowe, and not on the fact they handed us Pick 1, deprived their club the Pick 1 hype and gave JUH the NAB cash also.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they handed us pick one but it was never going to be a risk of backfiring on them because we were always going to match the bid.

So it's a bit much to say they were gambling, though at any rate, I think they did it because they wanted to burn us for having access to the best talent in the land when in their mind they deserved to as a result of being so terrible irrespective of all of their resources.

Calling the Rowe spin disinformation is probably correct though.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I don't disagree but for devil's advocate purposes....
    A bit harder to explain or justify you diddled your selection out of an extra $20k bonus for being 1st selected?
    Yeah maybe. What are your thoughts on the Bedendo selection, bidding on not one but two other players that were matched before calling him out?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

24. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post