Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye Season 2024

It wasn’t fun while it lasted, and now we have to fake a few months of interest.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 05-05-2024 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Typos
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Dazza thanked for this post
    Likes JanLorMill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye Season 2024

Like but dislike. Totally over footy ATM

Post Thanks / Like

We are still in until we mathematically can't make it but yes totally agree it is not looking good for the rest of this season and it is probably nearly curtains for us.

No where near it at the moment in terms of being a contender.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t even get excited to watch the footy anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Deep down I wrote it off after round 1 but yeah, that's pretty much it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It wasn’t fun while it lasted, and now we have to fake a few months of interest.
    Fake interest at your peril. I'm just gonna switch off. Don't even have the draft to look forward to.

This club needs a total reboot. Its cooked.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a brilliant start with 3 goals in 6 minutes and then turned into Mr Hyde. So hard to follow this team. The reality is that the 8 is slip sliding away and there ain't no sunshine when she's gone.

They say it's always darkest before the dawn but then it's a long day's journey into night. I fear I'm looking into the heart of darkness in 2024 abandoned by the one I love, standing like a stranger on the shore listening to the sound of silence.

Oh, for the day when you are the sunshine of my life again
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

So we rebooted all our assistants had a review of operations and this is what we have come up with ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a sad person who does get up each week wanting to see the dogs go well. I like watching the Seniors, VFL and Women's and although some of our players frustrate the crap out of me I'll be there cheering them on the following week.
    As far as the coach goes things are always changing in football and as long as the club is supporting the coach I wouldn't be calling for his head.
    If Bevo decides to pull the pin or the club taps him on the shoulder I'd say thanks Bevo you were the best coach I have seen in my life time and them get behind the next coach.
    The only one I couldn't warm to was Rhode I was even hoping MacCartney would prove some doubters wrong.
    Game day I can just as pissed off as the rest of us but I still look forward to the following week ands the hope we can turn it around.
    Maybe I'm just the eternal optimist or a masochist.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The only chance we have for the remainder of the season to be watchable or enjoyable - is for the coaching change to happen and the refresh to start happening. We are going to be 5-9 or 4-10 at the bye with no 1st round draft pick - so its bloody grim.

If we don't make the change, the damage done to the playing group could be severe and will feel like a slow bleed. The right thing to do is to just call it now.

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So we rebooted all our assistants had a review of operations and this is what we have come up with ?
    Doesn't that point to that we've got some problems on the field more than the coaches?
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Just mentioned in another post this is probably the least interesting season in recent memory. Definitely in Bevo's tenure.

We've got two talented players possibly out the door, and a young KPD languishing and maybe on the way home.

No first round draft pick to look forward to.

No chance of any finals action.

But.....

What we do have is a bunch of talented youngsters so that is where I will be aiming my attention for the rest of the season.

Darcy, Marra, Weightman, Clarke, Jones, Freijah, Gaggs, JOD, Sanders, Croft, West.

They've become my season!

#bemorebulldog and all that.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The only chance we have for the remainder of the season to be watchable or enjoyable - is for the coaching change to happen and the refresh to start happening. We are going to be 5-9 or 4-10 at the bye with no 1st round draft pick - so its bloody grim.

If we don't make the change, the damage done to the playing group could be severe and will feel like a slow bleed. The right thing to do is to just call it now.
    I find this very interesting just in the concept that a change will help the playing group.
    Thanks for articulating it Ozza and it be something I look at if we do make a change.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Great posts GG, Hotdog (I call it weekly amnesia? same same Steve Holt) & Merantau (stranger on the shore - you old fart, what about strangers in the night while you?re at it).

I?ll be cheering boys on, hoping for a miraculous resurrection, focusing on young ?uns and enjoying top of table vfl and refreshed AFLW. And humming tunes we oldies but goodies remember.

18. Likes Grantysghost, Hotdog60 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another season over before we even fired a shot.

It was cooked in R1. We all saw it and we all know it.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man