Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  210
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome Jamarra Ugle-Hagan to the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    2020'S DRAFTEES RE-RANKED: Who bolts up the order, who slides?
    Some players from the 2020 draft class shone this season, but others took a while to get going.

Link here

31. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Pick No.1, Western Bulldogs), 18.7 Rating Points, av 3.7ppg

Does that mean if JUH decided to move to another club our return would be a second round.
    I would like to see this at the end of next year and hopefully JUH has a full pre season and a full year of football.
    It is actually a crap article. You can't re rank players after one season. Let's see in 5 years time where they all sit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It is actually a crap article. You can't re rank players after one season. Let's see in 5 years time where they all sit.
    It doesn't even qualify as that.

Simply it is the AFL Ratings applied to 2020 draftees as a rating per game. It has no value in assessing progress at this point.

None of the players have achieved a rating that would have them set up as stars of the game.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Marra and Bont have been hanging out during the off season (as highlighted across both Bont's and Marra's socials). This has to be a very good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Some players from the 2020 draft class shone this season, but others took a while to get going.

Link here

31. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Pick No.1, Western Bulldogs), 18.7 Rating Points, av 3.7ppg

Does that mean if JUH decided to move to another club our return would be a second round.
    I would like to see this at the end of next year and hopefully JUH has a full pre season and a full year of football.
    No doubt the same ranking system that had Lewis Taylor ahead of Marcus after year 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    No doubt the same ranking system that had Lewis Taylor ahead of Marcus after year 1.
    I know your not being serious, but the one that had Lewis Taylor ahead was a direct influence on the voting integrity of the judging panel.

Justin Leppitsch as Brisbane coach campaigned strongly for Taylor as a point of recognition when Brisbane had been struggling to retain players. There may have also been a suggestion that a member of the voting panel was seduced by the betting odds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I know your not being serious, but the one that had Lewis Taylor ahead was a direct influence on the voting integrity of the judging panel.

Justin Leppitsch as Brisbane coach campaigned strongly for Taylor as a point of recognition when Brisbane had been struggling to retain players. There may have also been a suggestion that a member of the voting panel was seduced by the betting odds.
    In the voting KB also selected Taylor over Bont. I guess everyone is capable of a brain fade.
    Anyway that's all water under the bridge and we all know Bont is star player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Link here

That is the laziest article i have seen written in a long time, and it has been a dire two years for journalism.

Surely after ranking them by the AFL player ratings you take one look and go, "nah this is a shit idea".
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    That is the laziest article i have seen written in a long time, and it has been a dire two years for journalism.

Surely after ranking them by the AFL player ratings you take one look and go, "nah this is a shit idea".
    It is a very small sample size to make the call and will change a fair bit over the next 2 or 3 years.
    The real question is that given what we have seen so far in one season are there any howlers that went in the first round and the answer is still not clear.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You underestimate the need for content in a quiet time for AFL. Quantity over quality every damn time.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot on - you just need to run your eyes over that list once to realise it makes absolutely no sense to use that data to rank the players at this point.

Complete click bait rubbish, and I feel stupider for having read it !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Spot on - you just need to run your eyes over that list once to realise it makes absolutely no sense to use that data to rank the players at this point.

Complete click bait rubbish, and I feel stupider for having read it !
    ahhhh, got ya!
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sure you can. You just have to understand it in the context of one person's opinion regarding who had the best first year post being drafted. That's all it is.

17. Likes SquirrelGrip, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Sure you can. You just have to understand it in the context of one person's opinion regarding who had the best first year post being drafted. That's all it is.
    Sorry to disagree as it is not anyone's opinion.

This is actually AFL player ratings and then putting an order based on the average rating per game.

It is certainly an odd interpretation of player ranking considering that it relates to so few games and even as few as a single game for some.

19. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Sorry to disagree as it is not anyone's opinion.

This is actually AFL player ratings and then putting an order based on the average rating per game.

It is certainly an odd interpretation of player ranking considering that it relates to so few games and even as few as a single game for some.
    So it's a ratings based system of who had the best year immediately after being drafted rather than an individual's opinion. Thanks for clarifying without looking too deeply into it I assumed it was an individual journo's opinion. Well, at least it's measurable somehow i suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

How many games do we expect JUH to play next season? I'm expecting him in as the third tall behind Naughton and English, at least until Bruce is back.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016