Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Assistant Coaches

Lets assume there was a spill and fill for all assistant coaches spots at the end of the season.
    Lets also assume that a new senior coach has been appointed.

We also have a lot of money to spend on assistant coaches.

Who would be your wish list of assistants to support a new coach and what would be the reasons for selecting them?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

I like what Dean Cox has done with the Swans ruck/midfield/game strategy. He would worth a phone call.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I like what Dean Cox has done with the Swans ruck/midfield/game strategy. He would worth a phone call.
    Same here. I'd also like to talk to Monty as a defensive coach and Rahilly as the forwards coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an Issue with our coaches?

The only coach I have not been impressed with is Lade. we have gone backwards opver the past couple of years. in 20222 we were number one for Centre Clearances an right up there with cont poss.

This year we have dropped to 11th CP, and 14th in Clearances. Something has changed with our tactics, and I can only think it is Lade.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

The only coach I have not been impressed with is Lade. we have gone backwards opver the past couple of years. in 20222 we were number one for Centre Clearances an right up there with cont poss.

This year we have dropped to 11th CP, and 14th in Clearances. Something has changed with our tactics, and I can only think it is Lade.
    Would it be Smith, libba and Macrae missing games ?
    Bont been quiet a few games too.
    Let’s face it we have been the same since 2021 and it wasn’t working. We need change.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Not at all. I think they are all good.
    You appear to have expressed some concerns with the way Lade has managed the midfield rotations so are you happy to keep him in any circumstance with the way the season pans out