Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  183
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome Jamarra Ugle-Hagan to the Western Bulldogs

Awesome.

Let's milk every ounce of publicity and $$ out of this!

Welcome Marra!
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Joins a long list of great footy players from West Victoria. Jono Brown, Liam Picken, Adam Goodes, Roughy, and others. Welcome to the club Jamarra.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sinking in a bit now, actually knowing this kid is ours is the business.

He moves so well, can't wait to see him in action. The Buddy comparisons would be fair, if Buddy could mark overhead!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s probably not in his highlights, but watching his games last year he not only loves to tackles, he’s good a good technique and he loves to hurt anyone silly enough to be holding a ball within his closing speed. This will hopefully add to holding the ball forward more often and/or pressure to force turnovers. That’s also something I assume we are still missing that is a great ‘bonus’ to everything else he offers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s probably not in his highlights, but watching his games last year he not only loves to tackles, he’s good a good technique and he loves to hurt anyone silly enough to be holding a ball within his closing speed. This will hopefully add to holding the ball forward more often and/or pressure to force turnovers. That’s also something I assume we are still missing that is a great ‘bonus’ to everything else he offers.
    Our two best pressure forwards could be two of our three tallest forwards, given defenders fill their pantaloons any time Naughton is roaming and in a bit of a mood.

Post Thanks / Like

I was staggered to learn Jamarra is only the second ever indigenous Number 1. I thought there was more than just Des Headland, without thinking too much about it. Breaking down another barrier tonight as the first indigenous player to go at Pick 1 in 22 years, on top of second only ever. I’m glad our club is one of just 2 clubs to ever do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Our two best pressure forwards could be two of our three tallest forwards, given defenders fill their pantaloons any time Naughton is roaming and in a bit of a mood.
    Yep. Hopefully Weightman & Vandermeer (both sub 3 seconds over 20m) can start to fill out a more aggressive pressure forward group up front.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Hopefully Weightman & Vandermeer (both sub 3 seconds over 20m) can start to fill out a more aggressive pressure forward group up front.
    Yeah, Vander putting pressure on the outlet in particular - as I think our defence really breaks down on that second line when teams are moving it out of our forward line. I like him playing high and running at the defenders, occasionally burning into space to get ahead of the footy for a score.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    seems like a stupid thing to do by the crows. But I honestly couldn't give a .&^%$#@. So looking forward to watching Marra play.
    Heard the Crows will flick him $10k under the table. Plays like Tippett. Gets paid like Tippett.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good interviews up on our website.

Seems like a really good character and infectious. Can't wait to see his development!
    W00F!

14. Likes kruder, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Some good interviews up on our website.

Seems like a really good character and infectious. Can't wait to see his development!
    The interview on afl.com.au he gave a fair old clip to Paddy McCartin! It was completely inadvertent and unintentional. But he was responding to a question on whether there was added pressure being the number 1 pick. He said it's just a number and part of his response was that his coach asked him who was drafted no 1 6 years ago. He said he didn't know, hence why it doesn't really matter where you get drafted. Well he picked a convenient year to not remember! Poor old Paddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The interview on afl.com.au he gave a fair old clip to Paddy McCartin! It was completely inadvertent and unintentional. But he was responding to a question on whether there was added pressure being the number 1 pick. He said it's just a number and part of his response was that his coach asked him who was drafted no 1 6 years ago. He said he didn't know, hence why it doesn't really matter where you get drafted. Well he picked a convenient year to not remember! Poor old Paddy!
    I was doing the math in my head making sure it wasn't Tom Boyd he was referencing.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard Jamarra on ABC early morning radio with Sammy J. Relaxed, articulate, natural, unaffected. Just ticks all the boxes
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's sinking in a bit now, actually knowing this kid is ours is the business.

He moves so well, can't wait to see him in action. The Buddy comparisons would be fair, if Buddy could mark overhead!
    2016 - thankfully Franklin likes to go for a second touch and Dale Morris knew it. I love watching Buddy play.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    2016 - thankfully Franklin likes to go for a second touch and Dale Morris knew it. I love watching Buddy play.
    The 2008 qualifying final was peak Buddy, pity it was against us. As for the 2016 GF, it was a shame Buddy was hampered a bit but in the last he seemed to be moving OK after the jabs to his ankle set in however, while I think we still would have beaten anyone that day it would have been good for him to have a bit more of an impact on the game.