Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  183
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome Jamarra Ugle-Hagan to the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    How many games do we expect JUH to play next season? I'm expecting him in as the third tall behind Naughton and English, at least until Bruce is back.

It's hard to deny that he looked good last year in patches, better than Weightman his first year. There's a position open in the forward line and he's doing what looks like really good work in his own time with Bont and the like.

I could see him being best 22 by year end if not from round one.

Maybe that's too high an expectation being that he's a young tall but... he just looked good. While I wouldn't bet on it I wouldn't be super surprised if he kicked 25 goals. I would be very happy though

2. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's hard to deny that he looked good last year in patches, better than Weightman his first year. There's a position open in the forward line and he's doing what looks like really good work in his own time with Bont and the like.

I could see him being best 22 by year end if not from round one.

Maybe that's too high an expectation being that he's a young tall but... he just looked good. While I wouldn't bet on it I wouldn't be super surprised if he kicked 25 goals. I would be very happy though
    Yeah, I'm hoping big offseason and he plays pretty much every game possible next year until Bruce is back in full swing, although I don't expect Bruce to really play at all next season, big guy will take extra time to recover from an ACL.

Every game possible + about 30 goals would be a great second year for him.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I think he’ll play most games.

Can’t wait to see him in full flight. Going to be a BIG problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    How many games do we expect JUH to play next season? I'm expecting him in as the third tall behind Naughton and English, at least until Bruce is back.
    It could be as few as 8 but up to 18. He Schache and Hannan might battle for spots
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Jamarra developed really quickly once he was selected after not really earning his spot or getting the chance to. He has lots of tricks to get involved and score, I can see him playing 18+ games and kicking 30+ goals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I thought Jamarra developed really quickly once he was selected after not really earning his spot or getting the chance to. He has lots of tricks to get involved and score, I can see him playing 18+ games and kicking 30+ goals
    Once he gets fit enough he will be a handful for opposition clubs.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So it's a ratings based system of who had the best year immediately after being drafted rather than an individual's opinion. Thanks for clarifying without looking too deeply into it I assumed it was an individual journo's opinion. Well, at least it's measurable somehow i suppose.
    It is not even that. It is simply an average rating per game. One of the players rated played 1 solitary game early in the year and didn't reappear. Wouldn't be hard to believe Jamarra had a better year than that.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they are renegotiating his contract extension now. Get him signed while the ground is lowest. If he explodes this year Before he re-signs it will likely cost us one of our “gun” players.

I was pretty worried that he would head straight to Essington at first opportunity, especially with our continued failure to bring in more indigenous players. It’s been pretty relieving seeing all of the post season snaps/videos coming out. He’s clearly bonding strongly with a number of players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I hope they are renegotiating his contract extension now. Get him signed while the ground is lowest. If he explodes this year Before he re-signs it will likely cost us one of our “gun” players.

I was pretty worried that he would head straight to Essington at first opportunity, especially with our continued failure to bring in more indigenous players. It’s been pretty relieving seeing all of the post season snaps/videos coming out. He’s clearly bonding strongly with a number of players.
    A number of key players. Happy for him and Naughty to build a bromance to rival Dunkloar. With Bont watching over them.

The thought of a Naughton/JUH/Weightman forward line gives me shivers.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

He's already contracted for another 3 years. He would be crazy to sign on any longer. He would be backing himself to boost his worth over the next couple of seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He's already contracted for another 3 years. He would be crazy to sign on any longer. He would be backing himself to boost his worth over the next couple of seasons.
    You are a good man Axe.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks hujsh, Scraggers, josie, KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugle-Hagan: I want to be better

Western Bulldogs forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan says he wants to cement a senior spot in attack next year.

After arriving at the Kennel with the first pick in the 2020 national draft, Ugle-Hagan spent the majority of his first year in the VFL before breaking through for a senior debut in round 17.

The 19-year-old has spent a lot of time with captain Marcus Bontempelli to better himself this off-season.

“At the end of the day, it’s who works the hardest and who did the work before you even walk in for the season,” Ugle-Hagan said.

“Obviously that’s why I’m working with Marcus. Last year I wasn’t happy with my performance throughout the whole season, and I know I can do better.

“You don’t see him as ‘The Bont’ – you see him as your best mate, your older brother. He just pushes me so much.”

Ugle-Hagan, who started his second AFL preseason on Monday morning, said he couldn’t believe how quick his debut season went.

“It goes quick – all the boys were telling me that, and I said ‘no it doesn’t’, but then next minute I’m already in my second year,” he said.

“I’m just enjoying the moment and not taking anything for granted.”

Ugle-Hagan and the rest of the 1-4 year Bulldogs - plus a handful of senior players - commenced preseason training on Monday, with the full squad to return next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks KT31, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Got her em Jamarra!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Nice! Got her em Jamarra!
    Big Night on the Kingfisher's Mahatma ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.