Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  210
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome Jamarra Ugle-Hagan to the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm hoping that the AFL also increases the list sizes for clubs at the end of the 2025 season. Two more players per team before the Devils come on board will get some more AFL ready players available.
    We've put a lot of development and patience to bring two outstanding AFL footballers to great heights in the game but I'm willing to bear the pain of loosing such great players to the new Tasmanian team and I wish Scott and McNeil all the best.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm hoping that the AFL also increases the list sizes for clubs at the end of the 2025 season. Two more players per team before the Devils come on board will get some more AFL ready players available.
    Some might say the talent pool is already cooked and list sizes need to be smaller to spread it a bit further.

At the same time they might say to compensate for that, a decrease in game time is needed - particularly if that fits TV broadcast timings to bring in other programming to follow the football at night.

Whatever transpires you can be sure it won't have anything to do with logic or what's actually for the good of the quality and equity of the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Some might say the talent pool is already cooked and list sizes need to be smaller to spread it a bit further.

At the same time they might say to compensate for that, a decrease in game time is needed - particularly if that fits TV broadcast timings to bring in other programming to follow the football at night.

Whatever transpires you can be sure it won't have anything to do with logic or what's actually for the good of the quality and equity of the game.
    There are probably blokes out there that would be good if given an opportunity. Essendon ended up finding some when half their list was banned didn't they? AMT? ...The Rest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    There are probably blokes out there that would be good if given an opportunity. Essendon ended up finding some when half their list was banned didn't they? AMT? ...The Rest?
    And look how they went and since.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And look how they went and since.
    That's not really the point.

Post Thanks / Like

6 goals from 18 shots. Really really needs to improve his goalkicking.

Post Thanks / Like

50 games for the great man this week.

9. Likes Rocket Science, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone referenced Marra's laconic style with ball in hand which is not an inherently bad thing, he's a such a fluid user when in the mood.

But there's some unearned 'lairiness' creeping into his ball use at times and specifically his field kicking that he needs to iron out. Lazy, over the shoulder stuff and the like, instead of taking the extra second and straightening up that creates problems for teammates and courts turnovers, invariably across half forward which is not where we wanting to be lobbing balls into dispute.

Adore this bloke who's still working it all out, but he needs to respect possession a bit more even if it means taking the boring option that keeps a possession chain going rather than the rush of blood that sees it stream back down the other end.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else wondering why we didnt acknowledge Marras milestone on the banner?

I know it's 50 games but even i got a banner in u13s!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Anyone else wondering why we didnt acknowledge Marras milestone on the banner?

I know it's 50 games but even i got a banner in u13s!
    You played 50 games of U13 footy? How old were you 15/16?

It was a bit strange that it wasn't referenced.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Hotdog60, Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he played well last night, his marking has now become exceptional,one hander and another one hander that in my eyes should have been paid he only lost it when he hit the ground. So his goal kicking isn’t that good but I believe it will all come together in the next year or two.
    Probably his best game in the marking department in packs and no juggling, like a vice.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one of our better players last night. There was only one really bad miss (I say only, when in reality he shouldn't be missing ANY easy ones) but his hands were elite last night and his work rate seems to be at a new level this year.

Gotta get him locked away and soon.

17. Likes Uninformed, macca liked this post