Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Thanks AFEL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AFEL

A serious thread from me for a change. Thanks to the AFEL, from the guy who coined the insult.

First this doesn't erase everything else. We have Pick 1 tonight, and I acknowledge the role you played. Specifically:

- When the Northern state teams who have been plundering academies all complained in 2019 about NGA kids in Victoria spoiling the draft. You didn't rush to action and *!*!*!*! us.

- You could have ended the NGA, you didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- You could have brought the 'no matching bids inside the Top 20' rule this year. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- You could have reduced the 20% discount. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- You could have eliminated all discounting. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- Despite the Treloar trade apparent yet to be finalised. You let us use these picks for points. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- You allowed a one-off rule change allowing us to use MANY more picks than spots opened. This was very helpful. This activity was actually outlawed many years ago.

- When we further exploited it with the GWS points trade last week. You probably should've *!*!*!*!ed us a little bit, but you didn't.

- You allowed list changes rules that not only allowed us extra picks, but it allowed probably four blokes to keep their jobs in some form (Cavarra, Hayes to the RL and two others may have been delisted or not selected Hannan or Martin). The RL list changes allowed to keep Cavarra & Hayes without delisting. Whether we should've is another thread.

- Had we been forced to free up another 3-4 spots to acquire the requisite points, we would've had a bunch of end of draft picks to fill the vacancies which in this year would've been a bigger risk. But as earlier stated, you dear AFEL changed the rules this year.

Gil & I don't see eye to eye. At all. And they can all get stuffed as bosses up to and including Ross Oakley. But, on this analysis of the AFEL choosing not to act or in fact act wildly in our favour, 17 other clubs supporters would be pretty pissed off that the AFEL let the much easier acquisition on Jamarra happen for us this year. So credit where it's due AFEL, I doubt they've deliberately tried to help us, but they have helped us to no end tonight with 12 months of decisions ALL falling in our favour. The AFEL made all the stars align so that we could get the biggest star on draft night.

Wonders never cease... Thanks AFEL.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks AFEL

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A serious thread from me for a change. Thanks to the AFEL, from the guy who coined the insult.

First this doesn't erase everything else. We have Pick 1 tonight, and I acknowledge the role you played. Specifically:

- When the Northern state teams who have been plundering academies all complained in 2019 about NGA kids in Victoria spoiling the draft. You didn't rush to action and *!*!*!*! us.

- You could have brought the 'no matching bids inside the Top 20' rule this year. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- Despite the Treloar trade apparent yet to be finalised. You let us use these picks for points. You didn't *!*!*!*! us on this.

- You allowed a one-off rule change allowing us to use MANY more picks than spots opened. This was very helpful. This activity was actually outlawed many years ago.

- When we further exploited it with the GWS points trade last week. You probably should've *!*!*!*!ed us a little bit, but you didn't.

- You allowed list changes rules that not only allowed us extra picks, but it allowed probably four blokes to keep their jobs in some form (Cavarra, Hayes to the RL and two others may have been delisted or not selected Hannan or Martin). The RL list changes allowed to keep Cavarra & Hayes without delisting. Whether we should've is another thread.

- Had we been forced to free up another 3-4 spots to acquire the requisite points, we would've had a bunch of end of draft picks to fill the vacancies which in this year would've been a bigger risk. But as earlier stated, you dear AFEL changed the rules this year.

Gil & I don't see eye to eye. At all. And they can all get stuffed as bosses up to and including Ross Oakley. But, on this analysis of the AFEL choosing not to act or in fact act wildly in our favour, 17 other clubs supporters would be pretty pissed off that the AFEL let the much easier acquisition on Jamarra happen for us this year. So credit where it's due AFEL, I doubt they've deliberately tried to help us, but they have helped us to no end tonight with 12 months of decisions ALL falling in our favour. The AFEL made all the stars align so that we could get the biggest star on draft night.

Who are you and what have you done with Bulldogtragic?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes jeemak, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Bulldogtragic?
    I think I look great with a beard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean Gil looks really good with a beard. BT says this. Not any other CEO.

Trading Pick One for 5 X mid range picks is something I will get the Andrew Gillon to look at. That's the most outrageous trade in AFEL history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Thanks again Gil. This debut today is in great part thanks to you. I’m sure that pisses off the fans of 17 other clubs knowing you made this happen especially for us. You can share a cheer with dogs fans everywhere until 6pm today.

Post Thanks / Like

They also removed the 3rd man up rule after we won the premiership

They tried to also stop our handball club by opening the interpretation of "prior" opportunity.

Capped rotations, which I have theory leads to more injuries as players fatigue and not able to rest. I still don't understand why not just add an extra player on the bench.