Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  93
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome Dominic Bedendo to the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Give me a player with x-factor and serious athletic ability in the 50's any day of the week rather than someone that is vanilla and works hard.mLiking the sounds of this one, we don't have many players with his athletic traits on the list.
    I’m sure we’ll try him in different roles at Footscray, very impressive athletic profile. Fingers crossed he can play footy!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    He's certainly got an impressive looking athletic profile, might as well go all in on elite qualities when they were last seen as a 16 year old.
    Yeah, agree with you. Seems the type of player who would likely evolve with more exposure in the elite pathway (I hate myself for posting that) and with his substantial athletic improvement (seriously, 0.2 seconds in the 20m sprint and 10% in the vertical jump) it looks like an OK pick.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 43, country player, 187cm, huge leap, quick over 20m, athletic (Easton Wood)
    Pick 55, country player, 187cm, huge leap, quick over 20m, athletic (Dom Bedendo)

I know who I’d have him buddy with. If we can pull it all together, Wood took a long time owing to injuries, those attributes can be handy in multiple spots. Not just where he played last year as a 17yo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pick 43, country player, 187cm, huge leap, quick over 20m, athletic (Easton Wood)
    Pick 55, country player, 187cm, huge leap, quick over 20m, athletic (Dom Bedendo)

I know who I’d have him buddy with. If we can pull it all together, Wood took a long time owing to injuries, those attributes can be handy in multiple spots. Not just where he played last year as a 17yo.
    Imagine a natural forward who attacks the footy in the air like Easton Wood did/does!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Imagine a natural forward who attacks the footy in the air like Easton Wood did/does!
    Is that a question about ‘the experiment’ two years ago that we all don’t talk about?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a question about ‘the experiment’ two years ago that we all don’t talk about?
    Nope because I have no idea what you're talking about, you and your crazy memory. However, for the sake of the exercise Easton was never a natural forward so it was a genuine comment.

I actually think there's a huge place in the game for medium forwards who can contest in the air when their opponents are looking to help out their key defenders and spoil. Key forwards are getting better at nullifying two on one contests against, the next logical piece is whoever is left alone choosing the right moment to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope because I have no idea what you're talking about, you and your crazy memory. However, for the sake of the exercise Easton was never a natural forward so it was a genuine comment.

I actually think there's a huge place in the game for medium forwards who can contest in the air when their opponents are looking to help out their key defenders and spoil. Key forwards are getting better at nullifying two on one contests against, the next logical piece is whoever is left alone choosing the right moment to fly.
    It’s a little interesting we’ve gone with him, whilst cutting Greene, Gowers & demoting Cavarra. Wallis, Lloyd & Dale aren’t high flyers. So as you say, it seems we see something altogether different in him.

Post Thanks / Like

The club's put a vid of the lad up, the first mark he takes in it is pretty bloody special.

Post Thanks / Like

The club's put a vid of the lad up, the first mark he takes in it is pretty bloody special.
    Great leap and has innate ability to know when to time his jump and use his body. I’d guess those are the hardest things to teach, if you can. At 55, you’re looking for something to work with. That small sample shows the club thinks he has something to go with.

Post Thanks / Like

Great leap and has innate ability to know when to time his jump and use his body. I’d guess those are the hardest things to teach, if you can. At 55, you’re looking for something to work with. That small sample shows the club thinks he has something to go with.
    If I was a list manager (and thank Christ I'm not given I nearly threw Dunkley away in your absence) he's the type of player I'd be looking at for a late pick in this particular draft given the circumstances of no footy being played. As we've said, massive improvement in athletic testing, and again as you say, innate abilities to form a base around.

He's the least vanilla player we've taken for a while.

12. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the look of this kid, interesting selection but his jumping is great, and looks to have some real x factor about him.

Welcome to the club
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the highlights you would try to develop him as an intercept defender. Seems to mark it better when it’s nearly past him than he does in front of the eyes but would need to watch a few games. With Naughton forward we are a little way off the pace for intercepting defenders compared to the top clubs so I hope we are looking at this.

15. Likes Mofra, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaahhh Bedendo you beauty!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Looking at the highlights you would try to develop him as an intercept defender. Seems to mark it better when it’s nearly past him than he does in front of the eyes but would need to watch a few games. With Naughton forward we are a little way off the pace for intercepting defenders compared to the top clubs so I hope we are looking at this.
    On the club website it mentions him as a potential intercept defender in comparison to Jeremy Howe

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ominic-bedendo
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

BT, that is the Macbeth of this board. We speak not of it here.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post