Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome To The Western Bulldogs Lachlan McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I know someone who lists himself as 6 foot and 6 inches - those are 2 separate measurements.
    It's not as effective when you list yourself as 5 foot and 3 inches...according to a friend.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He looks like a nice player. It's clear to me Bevo likes those who can dispose well by foot, most of the vision I've seen of our new guys they all look naturally capable in this area. I'm totally on board with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He looks like a nice player. It's clear to me Bevo likes those who can dispose well by foot, most of the vision I've seen of our new guys they all look naturally capable in this area. I'm totally on board with that.
    Except he will be instructed to handball at all costs.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was only 182cm. AFL midfields really are the land of the giants these days.
    I wonder how accurate these measurements are sometimes.

Jobe Watson was supposedly a 190cm beast but I saw him on Tuesday seemed the same height as me (187cm) and to be honest if he pushed me in a pub I'd have no hesitation in pushing back.

On the flipside, I doubt Zaine Cordy is the same height as the Bont. Seems a little taller on the field.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Here he is wearing #51

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was only 182cm. AFL midfields really are the land of the giants these days.
    When you get older Axe Man you even shrink. Great fun. I've gone from 5'10 1/2" at 21 to late 60's I'm 5'9". I played key forward and back too as I was a regular height. . Now I'm a midget.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Here he is wearing #51
    To be honest, I don't know why we took in another mid? Surely we should have looked at a mature Key defender?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil played in the premiership winning WWT team in SANFL and was one of their best on. His 2nd quarter in particularly is apparently very good.

Available on 7plus.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

More info:
    #51 Lachlan McNeil (League)
    In a game where all the Eagles youngsters contributed well, McNeil was the best of the bunch. He provided relentless run along the wing and used the ball as well as anyone. McNeil’s high work rate allowed him to take a host of marks on the outer side. He used the ball well and his teammates clearly looked for him to hit a target going inside 50. But the clear highlight of his game was a terrific running goal in the second quarter, which featured two bounces and a beautiful finish. He concluded the match with 23 disposals, nine marks, two tackles, three clearances and six inside 50s. The Clare product missed out on being drafted as an 18-year-old last year, but after a great performance on Grand Final day and a consistent season at senior level with the Eagles, McNeil could find himself a home at AFL level at the second time of asking.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

He played on the wing in the SANFL GF matched up against Billy Hartung and seems he got the better of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Here he is wearing #51

I love how he has the confidence to go back and drill it from the 50. I think that #29 from Centrals goes to the same hairdresser as JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    When you get older Axe Man you even shrink. Great fun. I've gone from 5'10 1/2" at 21 to late 60's I'm 5'9". I played key forward and back too as I was a regular height. . Now I'm a midget.
    I have a client who had two vertebrae replaced with synthetic vertebrae made of titanium and after the op he is now two CMs taller.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Likes Bulldog4life, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He looks like a has a good turn of speed on him. But surprised that he didn’t catch the eye of others with that breakaway speed. I think it’s perfect use of the rookie draft. Another Vanders type won’t go astray.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange we kept Hayes when we potentially just drafted a better model.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    He looks like a has a good turn of speed on him. But surprised that he didn’t catch the eye of others with that breakaway speed. I think it’s perfect use of the rookie draft. Another Vanders type won’t go astray.
    Yeah quick players who can use the footy and are prepared to tackle are always welcome.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I like blokes that have to take the long way to an AFL career and McNeil’s rise this year, culminating in an impressive SANFL GF performance is definitely encouraging.