Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who has a point to prove in 2021, if only to themselves?

Stef Martin - Not too old to make an impact in 2021, Brisbane got it wrong.

Adam Treloar - He is A Grade and worth every cent of the $900,000, 1/3 paid by Collingwood.

Josh Schache - Talk of JUH, Naughton & Bruce. That he deserves to be considered best 22.

Lewis Young - Hold down a KPD spot and hold it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Dry Rot, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has a point to prove in 2021, if only to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Stef Martin - Not too old to make an impact in 2021, Brisbane got it wrong.

Adam Treloar - He is A Grade and worth every cent of the $900,000, 1/3 paid by Collingwood.

Josh Schache - Talk of JUH, Naughton & Bruce. That he deserves to be considered best 22.

Lewis Young - Hold down a KPD spot and hold it.
    If Lewis Young can command a spot as a KPD and retain it throughout the year, we should be in very good shape at the pointy end.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Bruce. If Marra holds his own over the pre-season, he’ll be breathing down Brucey’s neck. Does he have the pride and grit to fight back after a nightmarish 2020 and show the footy world he’s worth his long term contract?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Josh Bruce. If Marra holds his own over the pre-season, he’ll be breathing down Brucey’s neck. Does he have the pride and grit to fight back after a nightmarish 2020 and show the footy world he’s worth his long term contract?
    Thanks Cooney
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Rhylee West coming into his third year has a bit to prove.

He's not a keep on the shelf player and realistically he was borderline first round in his draft year. We've just stacked our midfield a little more so at 21 he needs to start making inroads and it's a tough road ahead for him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I reckon Rhylee West coming into his third year has a bit to prove.

He's not a keep on the shelf player and realistically he was borderline first round in his draft year. We've just stacked our midfield a little more so at 21 he needs to start making inroads and it's a tough road ahead for him.
    Still only 20

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon there’s a few of the boys who have a statement to make.

Bruce is the obvious one after last year - but in the “experienced player” camp I’d add JJ as well. Doubt he feels heat but he has been below par for a couple of years and the whispers about his training ethic support this.

agree w comments here re. Young and West.

I’d love Treloar to get on a mission to make Collingwood regret their treatment of him and set the standard during the preseason this year.

If Bevo doesn’t absolutely flog the boys this preseason and set a culture of hard work and shared accountability again then we’re a 6-8 team again IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I reckon there’s a few of the boys who have a statement to make.

Bruce is the obvious one after last year - but in the “experienced player” camp I’d add JJ as well. Doubt he feels heat but he has been below par for a couple of years and the whispers about his training ethic support this.

agree w comments here re. Young and West.

I’d love Treloar to get on a mission to make Collingwood regret their treatment of him and set the standard during the preseason this year.

If Bevo doesn’t absolutely flog the boys this preseason and set a culture of hard work and shared accountability again then we’re a 6-8 team again IMO.
    So Bevo has a point to prove.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmm. I guess so. I’m a big fan but yes, we’ve underperformed on expectations lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we have this thread very recently? Regardless the answer has to be Josh Dunkley.

Announces to the world that he thinks he can be the main man and is deserving of a $800K contract, tells his club he thinks he is too good to stay as a 3rd or 4th best mid and wants out, at the very least disenchants a bunch of supporters who loved him by doing so, and then cops a response from the club that not only is he staying but is challenged by being pushed even further back in the queue by Treloar.

If he has a mediocre start to the season i think it's very easy for his teammates, opposition, our supporters and the wider football public to point at him and think "Oh you are the guy who thought he was deserving of carrying a club and earning close to Bont money and instead you are just fading in and out of games averaging 16 touches and not even in the best handful of players at your club".

He has a shitload to prove after the joke of an offseason he has had.

Beveridge and Bruce strong runners up fwiw.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that at very session Trealor has a little Nathan Buckley on his shoulder saying "Collingwood doesn't rate you Adam" and prepares himself accordingly. Then he starts round one fitter than he's ever been so he can spend 24 or 25 games rubbing their noses in the dog shit they dumped on his career.

Josh Dunkley has put his hand up as a player who wants to be the main man. I want him to get more disposals and hit outs than any player in the comp and prove that he can walk the walk.

I'm not as critical of Josh Bruce 's season as some were but I also think that he has a point or two to prove. Maybe with a full season from Naughton and a few games from Marra, Josh will have a little bit less attention from the opposition and will be able to perform accordingly. I'd like to see him kick around 45/50 goals, that's about where his talent is.

Josh Scasche has too much ability to be a player who played a few OK games and then just drifted out of the scene. Maybe a move to defence or even the wing might rejuvenate his career? I'd really love to see him blossom as a footballer. He has all the tools to be a jet.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Schache and Lewis Young for me. Their very best on a regular basis means they play in the main team most weeks without a doubt. The question remains can they both reach that standard. I hope so as I like both players.

17. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    add JJ as well. Doubt he feels heat but he has been below par for a couple of years and the whispers about his training ethic support this.
    I can categorically say this is untrue and I don't know where you got the whispers from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can categorically say this is untrue and I don't know where you got the whispers from?
    Chinese whispers???

Post Thanks / Like

100%

Our time is now, If Bevo cannot get this team cracking top 6 and winning finals, we need to look at him next, the ONLY hole we have in our team is a pure lockdown defender, and I think we'll be waiting on Sam Darcy to fill that hole full time. We have the talent, we certainly have the midfield, we have a very good forward line with options a plenty.

If we don't improve, it'll be on coaching at this rate.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016