Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has a point to prove in 2021, if only to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can categorically say this is untrue and I don't know where you got the whispers from?
    Hard for anyone on WOOF to know first hand how hard any of the players work on the track, but using the eyeball test, there is no way JJ was at peak physical condition this year (in the same way Bruce failed the eyeball test).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hard for anyone on WOOF to know first hand how hard any of the players work on the track, but using the eyeball test, there is no way JJ was at peak physical condition this year (in the same way Bruce failed the eyeball test).
    You didn't read the posts. The discussion wasn't on peak fitness, it was on work ethic at training.

My source comes from the Footy Department. If posters don't believe me when i say categorically, I won't bother in future.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I can categorically say this is untrue and I don't know where you got the whispers from?
    The media - can’t remember which reporter exactly but the mail I read was Dunkley was particularly disappointed w JJ and Bruce’s training effort and preparation
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't read the posts. The discussion wasn't on peak fitness, it was on work ethic at training.

My source comes from the Footy Department. If posters don't believe me when i say categorically, I won't bother in future.
    Imagine how much harder he could train (and play) if he was in even better condition.

Being a professional athlete doesn't stop once the training session finishes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont think anyone is disputing your info man, but one of the fuels to the Dunkley-roumor fire is that he was unhappy with the work/training ethnic of some of the other guys, JJ being one of them.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Dont think anyone is disputing your info man, but one of the fuels to the Dunkley-roumor fire is that he was unhappy with the work/training ethnic of some of the other guys, JJ being one of them.
    I can tell you now it is BS, made up by most likely Essendon people.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Josh Schache and Lewis Young for me. Their very best on a regular basis means they play in the main team most weeks without a doubt. The question remains can they both reach that standard. I hope so as I like both players.
    Can’t see either of them making it. The bar has been set too high.

For example, in the last three seasons Young could not get more than 2 or 3 games in a row before being overlooked for a dozen. He has watched others catch the coach’s favour. I think he made a mistake by not leaving.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you now it is BS, made up by most likely Essendon people.
    I’m not happy with his work ethic on the field either. Drops his head too quickly, is soft at the footy and goes missing for days.