• VFL quality

0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Hayden Crozier 9

Well we are into our final 10 to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Hayden Crozier 9

A few stats:
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 79Kg
    Games: 123

Crozier played 69 games across six seasons for Fremantle, before crossing to the Bulldogs during the 2017 NAB AFL Trade Period. His early career was spent mainly as a forward, but Crozier was able to reinvent himself at the Bulldogs, taking on a rebounding role off half-back. After playing 17 games in his first season at the kennel, Crozier missed just one game in 2019 and played his first AFL Final. Crozier ranked second at the Bulldogs in 2019 for marks and rebound-50s, going at 82.2 per cent efficiency to be the team’s most effective ball user (from five or more games). He plucked mark of the year contenders against Collingwood and Brisbane, and played his 100th AFL game in round 16. The former Eastern Ranges player debuted in Round 10 2012 against Adelaide after being taken in the first round (Pick 20 overall) of the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

He's been a terrific addition to the team and a real leader and organiser of our back line.
    I wonder if 2021 will be a challenging season for him especially if he is moved forward like he was late in the year?

Post Thanks / Like

As GVGjr mentioned he has been a great pickup for us.

I like him in the backline and not forward. Hit a real purple patch early in the year until he was injured.

Needs to sometimes not be too kamikaze and pick the moments he launches himself at the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He was fully very bad over the last half of last season and I feel like no one is talking about it. He needs to put a lot more thought in when he chooses to fly and when he chooses to stay down.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He was fully very bad over the last half of last season and I feel like no one is talking about it. He needs to put a lot more thought in when he chooses to fly and when he chooses to stay down.
    We can't play all of Williams, Crozier, Wood and Cordy in the same back line. None of them are great one on one, none of them are capable of taking anyone bigger than them and only Williams is what I'd consider a good kick. When we tried to play all of them, it threw the group out of whack, leading to Crozier losing form and being pushed forward which was a fail.

Williams is a lock and the MC have a weird infatuation with Cordy, so it leaves Crozier and Wood. I'd be picking Crozier.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We can't play all of Williams, Crozier, Wood and Cordy in the same back line. None of them are great one on one, none of them are capable of taking anyone bigger than them and only Williams is what I'd consider a good kick. When we tried to play all of them, it threw the group out of whack, leading to Crozier losing form and being pushed forward which was a fail.

Williams is a lock and the MC have a weird infatuation with Cordy, so it leaves Crozier and Wood. I'd be picking Crozier.
    Good summary and observations. It's going to be very interesting to see how we set-up the back line for 2021. Perhaps Crozier will be on the outer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good summary and observations. It's going to be very interesting to see how we set-up the back line for 2021. Perhaps Crozier will be on the outer
    Can Williams transition to part of the midfield rotations this season? I'd love his delivery by foot to be deployed further up the ground on occasions in game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Can Williams transition to part of the midfield rotations this season? I'd love his delivery by foot to be deployed further up the ground on occasions in game.
    It's hard to know how we see Williams, in 2018 he mainly played in the back line and in 2019 he trained with the midfielders during the preseason only to be moved back at round one and spending a fair portion of the season at Footscray. He returned to the back line this season and was one of the big improvers but as Comrade mentioned, we have a bit of a surplus in the back half
    Could we shake things up for him again and return him to the midfield in 2021? Perhaps but I suggest that with Treloar's inclusion it might be unlikely.

I wonder if Crozier will be the odd man out because as Happy Days mention he wasn't at his best this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier is tough, reasonable enough defending in the air when he’s got a run at it and solid enough with his ball work, albeit he’s never going to be a high possession winner. A lot of where he plays will be subject to how we move the other names on the whiteboard. He’s not our best medium defender or facilitator down back, he won’t be our best wing or high half forward either, but he’s solid enough to be a best 22 player and play roles at either end.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge wrap for Crozier, one of our top 6 players. Quick as anyone, great leap, long kick. One of the Bont crew along with Dunkley that stepped up after an off season US trip
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When he came to club he started slow but as time has gone on he has been a great addition to our half back line. Has taken some great marks.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic player love what he brings.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.