Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Who would they replace for us if they were ready to play this week?
    Crozier and McNeil would have been the obvious ones for me, but who knows with Bevo?!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar closing in on comeback

Star midfielder Adam Treloar believes a strong two-week training block could have him in the frame to be back playing as soon as round 21.

The 28-year-old hasn’t played since round 10, when he suffered an ankle syndesmosis injury in the Western Bulldogs’ win against St Kilda.

He had surgery to repair the issue, with his initial return-to-play timeframe extended.

But there’s now some light at the end of the tunnel for Treloar, who has turned his attention to building his body back up to be ready to play AFL football.

“Ideally I’ll get back in the next couple of weeks,” Treloar told AFL360 this week.

“I’ve got a nice training block ahead of me in the next couple of weeks and put myself in good stead to hopefully get the last few games of the home-and-away season.

“I would love to get back as soon as possible.

“I’m always very optimistic. I’m hoping round 21, but there’s no guarantees. I’ve got to make sure I get through a good couple of weeks of training.

“The ankle’s feeling really good, so I’ve fully healed from that. It’s just about reloading and making sure I’m looking after the rest of my body – the soft tissue and all the other things that go with playing at the elite level.”

Treloar’s official timeframe is 2-4 weeks, with Bulldogs’ medical staff now confident he will be available to return during the home-and-away season after an earlier setback.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I hear or read Treloar speak I'm reminded that noted epidemiologist Buckley was right. He is of bad character and his team mates want him gone.

I don't actually think that at all, I just like to repeat that ridiculous statement.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Every time I hear or read Treloar speak I'm reminded that noted epidemiologist Buckley was right. He is of bad character and his team mates want him gone.

I don't actually think that at all, I just like to repeat that ridiculous statement.
    Are ridiculous statements really that contagious? Asking for a friend.

5. Likes EasternWest, hujsh, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath set for scans

Western Bulldogs defender Alex Keath will have scans on his hamstring after being subbed out of the Bulldogs’ win over Melbourne midway through the first quarter.

Senior coach Luke Beveridge was optimistic it may not be too bad for the influential Bulldog, but was hesitant to put a timeframe on the layoff.

“Until you scan these you don’t know, but it may be a good sign that he jogged off and didn’t need help,” Beveridge told media post-match.

“He felt a grab – so we’ll be able to report more once we get a result from a scan.”

The Bulldogs will also be without utility Ed Richards next week, after suffering a concussion in the third quarter.

In more positive injury news, Easton Wood and Laitham Vandermeer both emerged unscathed from a scratch match played on Saturday afternoon.

“I thought Easton played pretty well in the scratch match coming back from an ankle injury,” Beveridge said.

“He was really productive and played with some freedom.

“And Vanders – we had limited game time for him today, he played a half and then ran.. We’d probably like to see him a bit more at state level and grow that confidence again in him.”

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath low grade hamstring but expected to miss 3 to 4.

Best case scenario I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath, Richards ruled out

The Western Bulldogs will be without defensive duo Alex Keath and Ed Richards for this week’s clash with the Adelaide Crows.

Keath has been a significant contributor for the Bulldogs this season, playing every game.

However, the 29-year-old was subbed out of Saturday night’s win against Melbourne and will now miss up to a month of football.

“In the first quarter, Alex came to the bench with a hamstring injury,” head of sports medicine, Chris Bell, said.

“Although low grade, I expect Alex to miss the next three to four games of footy.”

Richards will be unavailable this week after being concussed in the third quarter.

The 22-year-old has played four games in an interrupted season, after missing the first three months due to an ankle injury.

“Ed was involved in a contest where he clashed heads. This caused him to have some concussion symptoms,” Bell said.

“Ed has come in well today and we’ll work through a process in the next 10 days or so to determine his availability.”

The timeline has become clearer for experienced ruckman Stefan Martin, who continues to work his way back from a groin and hip issue.

Martin is on track to return to availability in the next 3-4 weeks.

Injury list

Lewis Young (ankle) – test
    Ed Richards (concussion) – TBC
    Adam Treloar (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
    Louis Butler (calf) – 2-3 weeks
    Lin Jong (hamstring) – 2-4 weeks
    Ryan Gardner (shoulder) – 2-4 weeks
    Alex Keath (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks
    Stefan Martin (groin/hip) – 3-4 weeks
    Toby McLean (knee) – season

Post Thanks / Like

Just get Keath cherry ripe for Finals Week 1. That rort only we have of the extra bye, is perfect for that to happen. No need to rush.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It should read:

Stefan Martin (groin/hip/shoulder/chicken pox/measles/bird flu) – season

He's basically been listed as 3-4 weeks ever since about Round 7!
    W00F!

11. Likes ratsmac, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for honesty, Martin is done. I went through this thread since he’s injury he bounces back and forth between 1-2 & 3-4 weeks, when not ‘indefinite’. He’s going backwards, which is the opposite outcome of injury rehabilitation. There’s just no way he’s coming back and a smidge more transparency would be nice. I doubt he then gets another year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lewy Young couldn't have timed a potential injury any worse.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Lewy Young couldn't have timed a potential injury any worse.
    On the other hand Gardner at 2-4 sounds promising.

Treloar getting close now.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Injury list

Lewis Young (ankle) – test
    Don’t think Lewy will be an in this week…
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Be great to get Treloar and Dunks back.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Be great to get Treloar and Dunks back.
    I was really hoping they would be back before we played Melbourne again so we could show them that they got us at a good time the first time around, but as it turns out we didn't even need them That works out even better for us (obviously) tactically for finals if we play them.

I'd really like Keith back before we play Port. Dixon scares me
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post