Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cordy available for Semi Final

Key defender Zaine Cordy will be available to play in Saturday’s semi final against Brisbane.

The 24-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Bulldogs’ elimination final team over the weekend with illness.

“On the morning of the game, Zaine woke up not quite feeling himself - we didn’t want to take any risks, so Zaine was a late withdrawal,” Bulldogs’ head of sports medicine, Chris Bell, said.

“I’m happy to say that Zaine is back to feeling 100%. He fully trained today, and will be ready to go on the weekend.”

The Bulldogs could also see both Hayden Crozier and Ed Richards return to availability, following their recoveries from a concussion and shoulder injury respectively.

“Hayden still has some boxes to tick with our doctor, but I expect him to come back into full training this week,” Bell said.

“If Hayden gets through like I expect, he will return to availability.

“Ed has made some great progress following his shoulder injury. He’s coming back into full training this week, and we’ll put him through his paces on Thursday to determine if he’s putting his hand up for selection.”

The Bulldogs will release their team of 22 and four emergencies on Thursday at 6.20pm.

Injury List

Zaine Cordy (illness) - Available

Hayden Crozier (concussion) – Test

Ed Richards (shoulder) – Test

Josh Bruce (knee) – Season

Toby McLean (knee) -Season
    Nah, we good Zaine. Thanks though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Martin isn’t even making the list anymore…

Semi final and only three injuries is usually awesome. But one a Premiership player, the other first ruck and the other our leading goal kicking. All out got the year,
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So Martin isn’t even making the list anymore…

Semi final and only three injuries is usually awesome. But one a Premiership player, the other first ruck and the other our leading goal kicking. All out got the year,
    If it was just one of Bruce or Martin, we’d be a heap better off. Two key pillars is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If it was just one of Bruce or Martin, we’d be a heap better off. Two key pillars is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Imagine if we invested in a younger decent enough ruck, not a 34yo with a shot body? Wish we could go back in time and make a different decision. But since we can’t, let’s hope we don’t make the same mistake this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Presser: Beveridge was still finalising his team but he said ruckman Stefan Martin (groin) may not feature again this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Presser: Beveridge was still finalising his team but he said ruckman Stefan Martin (groin) may not feature again this season.
    Retire him now, surely couldn't have reached any extension clauses in his contract and only managed to get on the track for six games this season.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Delist then redraft back as a rookie/ruck coach. Would be handy to have in the wings Mumford style, especially if Sweet gets the flick.

10. Likes bornadog, hujsh, GVGjr, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Delist then redraft back as a rookie/ruck coach. Would be handy to have in the wings Mumford style, especially if Sweet gets the flick.
    Agree.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There have been a few rumblings in FB land that a player has been injured at training, allegedly from something Bevo said in his presser. Might be bollocks, but there are a few claiming they know who it is and aren’t saying anything till the club confirms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    There have been a few rumblings in FB land that a player has been injured at training, allegedly from something Bevo said in his presser. Might be bollocks, but there are a few claiming they know who it is and aren’t saying anything till the club confirms.
    I know. But out of respect to the club, I will let them announce it. But I definitely know everything and lots of stuff, like lots.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. But out of respect to the club, I will let them announce it. But I definitely know everything and lots of stuff, like lots.
    Geez, I hope no one has done their knee
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Geez, I hope no one has done their knee
    All I can say is that it’s a body part.

I’ve said too much.

16. Likes DOG GOD, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been a few rumblings in FB land that a player has been injured at training, allegedly from something Bevo said in his presser.
    Powerful man to cause a physical injury with words.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Watched some training vision on the club website yesterday and failed to see Caleb anywhere during the ball movement drills.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw some footage of Caleb walking, I repeat walking onto the team bus and up its stairs.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru, bornadog liked this post