Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    i think the have bottled the Morrisiah magic healing dust. Its phenomenal Toby is back to full training. Really looking forward to see him back.
    I can't believe Garnder is back in 2 weeks.

Powers of recovery.
    Yeah normally it's a full year out but he hurt his knee around 13th of September. So tracking for 9 months return is pretty good.

Really wonder where he will fit in to the side though.

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan Martin is expected to miss a couple of weeks with Achilles soreness.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we think English has structural damage to his face as well as concussion?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stefan Martin is expected to miss a couple of weeks with Achilles soreness.
    Anyone know what Martin’s trigger is for another season? An Achilles issue could depress his game tally and auto trigger. He’s already missed one this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Anyone know what Martin’s trigger is for another season? An Achilles issue could depress his game tally and auto trigger. He’s already missed one this year.
    Does it matter? If he wants to play on and gets through the year ok he will play in 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Does it matter? If he wants to play on and gets through the year ok he will play in 2022.
    It does to an extent if we’re not sure about whether he has a full year in him, and in addition he’s carrying issues and either the choice about 2022 is ours to make or it’s automatic. Moreover I was curious if anyone knew the number.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter set for stint on sidelines with broken hand

VICTORIOUS Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has revealed experienced utility Lachie Hunter may face some time on the sidelines after he played out Sunday's clash against Carlton with a suspected broken hand.

There are fears that Hunter may have broken his hand during the middle stages of the Marvel Stadium contest and the injury could force the left-footer to miss next week's crucial matchup against in-form Port Adelaide.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog trio could return

The Western Bulldogs could have three important players available to return for Saturday night’s clash with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Defenders Bailey Williams (collarbone) and Ryan Gardner (shoulder), plus ruck-forward Tim English (concussion) could all be in the frame for selection.

“Both Bailey and Ryan have completed the final stages of their rehab,” head of sports medicine, Chris Bell said.

“(They) are re-integrating back into full training this week, and if they get through training like I expect, both will return to availability.

“Tim still had some very low-level, persistent headaches last week. We don’t want to take any risks with Tim.

“He’ll continue to work closely with our doctors to determine his availability for this weekend’s game.

Lachie Hunter had surgery to repair a fracture in his hand on Monday, after playing with the injury in the second half of Sunday’s win.

“In the third quarter, Lachie was involved in a contest where he broke a small bone in his hand,” Bell said.

“This injury did require surgery to stabilise the fracture.

“Lachie has come in well today and we’ll determine his availability over the coming days.”

However, experienced ruckman Stefan Martin and speedster Laitham Vandermeer will both spend some time on the sidelines.

Martin will miss the next 2-4 weeks and Vandermeer the next 4-6 weeks.

“Stef has been suffering from some persistent Achilles tendon soreness,” Bell said.

“We’ve been managing it up until this point, but recently it’s started to impact his athletic performance. We’ve taken Stef out of games so we can return him back to 100 per cent.

“During training last Thursday, Laitham suffered some innocuous knee pain. Scans have confirmed he did suffer some cartilage damage in his knee.

“At this stage, we’re going to try management without surgery.”

Number one draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan has also been ruled out for this week, after sustaining a concussion injury in the VFL on Sunday.

Injury list

English (concussion) test
    Gardner (shoulder) test
    Williams (collarbone) test
    Hunter (hand) TBC
    Ugle-Hagan (concussion) TBC
    McLean (knee) 2-3 weeks
    Martin (Achilles) 2-4 weeks
    Richards (ankle) 3-5 weeks
    Vandermeer (knee) 4-6 weeks
    Jong (hamstring) 9-10 weeks
    Dunkley (shoulder) 10-14 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Vandermeer 4 to 6 with a knee is a bit of a blow.

I thought Mclean was back to full unrestricted training? maybe he needs the time to get fit again.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Mclean was back to full unrestricted training? maybe he needs the time to get fit again.
    Also Martin out for up to a month is disappointing. Hopefully Sweet can take the opportunity and improve each game.

McLean's return timeframe has remained pretty linear so I assume it is all going to plan and he requires a few weeks of full on training before he resumes in the VFL, perhaps on managed game time initially. No need to rush him.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah from the photo he looked a little bit out of condition. Maybe a 4 week mini pre-season?

Will be good to get Williams back, we've missed his creativity down back. Even against Carlton it wasn't until Daniel started to get involved near the end that we started to move the ball better through the middle. I think and English are vital for us if we want to stand a chance against Port.
    Also need a defender that can stop Dixon but not sure we can solve that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Also Martin out for up to a month is disappointing. Hopefully Sweet can take the opportunity and improve each game.

McLean's return timeframe has remained pretty linear so I assume it is all going to plan and he requires a few weeks of full on training before he resumes in the VFL, perhaps on managed game time initially. No need to rush him.
    Achilles injuries are the absolute worst! They take time, all you can do is rest it and pray it doesn't return.
    Risk of grabbing an older player I guess. I spoke to some Lions supporters who were reasonably intelligent at the Ballarat game and they said he was cooked so interesting to see how he goes.
    For me he's a massive win so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin’s last few games were pretty bad, this explains it.

Sink or swim for Sweet.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Achilles injuries are the absolute worst! They take time, all you can do is rest it and pray it doesn't return.
    Risk of grabbing an older player I guess. I spoke to some Lions supporters who were reasonably intelligent at the Ballarat game and they said he was cooked so interesting to see how he goes.
    For me he's a massive win so far.
    Tell me about it. I have had Achilles tendonitis on and off for about 10 years. Had been all good for a couple of years at least and it just flared up again worse than ever. So frustrating.

Don't really buy the assessment that he was cooked. He had barely missed a game for years until last last season when he did a PCL, a mild hammy and then had stress fractures in his back. Those mostly seem like bad luck rather than age related injuries. Hopefully some rest will help the achillles and it can then be managed for the rest of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tell me about it. I have had Achilles tendonitis on and off for about 10 years. Had been all good for a couple of years at least and it just flared up again worse than ever. So frustrating.

Don't really buy the assessment that he was cooked. He had barely missed a game for years until last last season when he did a PCL, a mild hammy and then had stress fractures in his back. Those mostly seem like bad luck rather than age related injuries. Hopefully some rest will help the achillles and it can then be managed for the rest of the season.
    I did probe that response and there was a legimate answer I've just forgotten it! Cooked was the throwaway but when probed they did have some valid reason.

I've too endured years of achilles issues. I'm not good at managing it, however a podiatrist recommendation of arch support has been the best answer as I was rolling in massively.
    Still feel it but at least I can run.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post