Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Treloar in selection picture

Star midfielder Adam Treloar could be available to return against Essendon this week.

The 28-year-old has been sidelined since suffering an ankle syndesmosis injury in round 10 against St Kilda.

Treloar had surgery to repair the injury and after a slightly delayed rehabilitation timeline is now on the verge of bolstering the Bulldogs’ line-up.

“Adam has had a great block of six week following his syndesmosis injury,” head of medical services, Chris Bell, said.

“He hasn’t skipped a beat since he’s been back training with the main group. He will look to return to selection availability for this weekend.”

The Bulldogs will also likely have Taylor Duryea and Ed Richards return to availability.

Both missed Saturday’s win against the Adelaide Crows – Duryea was managed, while Richards sat out under concussion protocols after being injured the previous week against Melbourne.

“Ed still has some boxes to tick following the concussion he suffered in round 19. If he comes through (training) like I expect, he will return to playing this weekend,” Bell said.

“Taylor had some persisting general soreness following our game against Melbourne. He’s come in really well today and if he fully trains this week like I expect, he’ll return to playing this weekend.”

Injury list

Taylor Duryea (managed) – test
    Ed Richards (concussion) – test
    Adam Treloar (ankle) – test
    Ryan Gardner (shoulder) – 1-2 weeks
    Louis Butler (calf) – 2-3 weeks
    Lin Jong (hamstring) – 2-3 weeks
    Stefan Martin (groin/hip) – 2-3 weeks
    Alex Keath (hamstring) – 2-3 weeks
    Toby McLean (knee) - season

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Adz, Richards and Duryea are coming back. Man, it is tight for spots.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Sounds like Adz, Richards and Duryea are coming back. Man, it is tight for spots.
    Gardener not far off either, what a selection headache
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What if the MC like this English plus Bruce &/or Schache set up? Do we risk picking Martin and propensity for injury this year. I’m not sure I’d bet a final on Martin’s fitness/propensity for injury.

If that’s the case, if Schache can do enough as a defender plus take 18 ruck contests as he did against Melbourne, plus play 95-100% game time to give our mids a few more rotations, then he plays in the first final with Keath & Gardner. That leaves Bruce spending his time forward letting Marra get the 3rd defender all game.

Martin with only 7 games (6.5 game really) in total for the H&A, I just don’t have the faith to take that risk in a final. Plus he’s been 3+ weeks pretty much the whole time, so there’s every chance he’s not fit. With Sweet not up to a final, Schache could be a vital cog in our finals campaign as a KPD/2nd Ruck. What times we live in!
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 02-08-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bevo likes players that can run out 100% game time so Schache and Gardner fall into that space. If the Shack can do well over the remaining games Cordy might want to watch out.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Martin playing again this year (due to injury) and think we have enough 'other' practiced options we will take into the finals. I am not worried by his exclusion as we continue to play a game that is 'team' based (with role players) versus a 'traditional' set up basis per 1990s.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree - Martin is done for the year. Not sure he can push out JUH which is what would need to happen for balance. Also not sure we can trust his body given the second half of the season. Shame as he was travelling well over the first month of football.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing with Martin coming in - English has actually been pretty decent the last month as the first ruck. He's not winning the hitouts but he's not getting thrown aside either, and he more than makes up for it elsewhere. Now that Timmy's found his feet, and Marra has looked pretty dangerous (if not consistently involved), are we actually better for this season playing Martin?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Another thing with Martin coming in - English has actually been pretty decent the last month as the first ruck. He's not winning the hitouts but he's not getting thrown aside either, and he more than makes up for it elsewhere. Now that Timmy's found his feet, and Marra has looked pretty dangerous (if not consistently involved), are we actually better for this season playing Martin?
    Isn't it amazing how English has got better as he got older and stronger. The early calls that he would never be a #1 ruckman might look pretty silly by the end of September. His last month has been the best pure ruck play so far in his career.

I agree that we should have had better support for him over the past few years (ideally letting him be the Luke Jackson to somebody else's Gawn), and we definitely need better injury cover in coming years, but I'm not convinced that we need to recruit a genuine #1 ruck. I think Tim is that man.

I agree that Stef doesn't come in. If Tim can not get pushed out of contests and at least break even, that was Stef's main attribute and is no longer needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Isn't it amazing how English has got better as he got older and stronger. The early calls that he would never be a #1 ruckman might look pretty silly by the end of September. His last month has been the best pure ruck play so far in his career.

I agree that we should have had better support for him over the past few years (ideally letting him be the Luke Jackson to somebody else's Gawn), and we definitely need better injury cover in coming years, but I'm not convinced that we need to recruit a genuine #1 ruck. I think Tim is that man.

I agree that Stef doesn't come in. If Tim can not get pushed out of contests and at least break even, that was Stef's main attribute and is no longer needed.
    Tim's past month has had me going from an adamant 'we'll never a win a final with English rucking' to kind of seeing how it could work. I like the idea even more if he has decent back up from someone like Schache and it means we can keep Marra in the team.

Hard to believe it a few months a go but we might actually go into the first final with English rucking, Schache in defence and back up ruck and Marra in the side. And I'd give us a huge chance of winning.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Tim's past month has had me going from an adamant 'we'll never a win a final with English rucking' to kind of seeing how it could work. I like the idea even more if he has decent back up from someone like Schache and it means we can keep Marra in the team.

Hard to believe it a few months a go but we might actually go into the first final with English rucking, Schache in defence and back up ruck and Marra in the side. And I'd give us a huge chance of winning.
    Yeah I'm with you on that. It's not that I don't think we'd benefit with another ruck in the side, it's more that I'm not sure we benefit with Stef in the side.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp @sirswampthing

Times each club has used medical sub in 2021

14 - FREM
    13 - PORT
    11 - CARL COLL GCS WBD
    10 - STK
    9 - ADEL ESS GEEL GWS NTH RICH WCE
    7 - HAW
    6 - BRIS SYD
    4 - MELB

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking back all of ours have been genuine, mostly to top liners and quite often prior to quarter/half time. Melbourne on the other hand, surely their time will come.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest all club's injury lists is interesting. Swans have virtually no injuries.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/659070/m...njury-list-r21
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Latest all club's injury lists is interesting. Swans have virtually no injuries.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/659070/m...njury-list-r21
    Makes a huge difference

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post