Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I thin Bevo seemed to indicate in his presser that Martin would go to Fremantle, and was completely over his achilles.
    Bonus. We sometimes almost all the time lack full transparency with our times periods, so I’ve just gone off the last list put out. Never the less, we don’t want injuries but if we had to schedule longer injuries we’d have them miss softer homes games and back for crucial games (some tricky). The best from a bad situation type thing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I thin Bevo seemed to indicate in his presser that Martin would go to Fremantle, and was completely over his achilles.
    I had a quick chat to Martin at the Saints game and he indicated he was just about good to go. He probably needs a game to Footscray though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The way they look to fall, we get softer home games before Dunks & Treloar might be back. Assuming they do and play well, they’ll be vital in the last four weeks where there’s possibly tricky games in trying to get to Top 2.
    Gee I'd love Dunks and Treloar back a week before the Demons game.

Re. Martin he really should be in a position to step right back in. He's a professional, should have good touch after a number of games under his belt and has a solid fitness base.

Did he mention he'll come back via Footscray?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gee I'd love Dunks and Treloar back a week before the Demons game.

Re. Martin he really should be in a position to step right back in. He's a professional, should have good touch after a number of games under his belt and has a solid fitness base.

Did he mention he'll come back via Footscray?
    I think he plays against Freo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin, Hannan in selection mix

Ruckman Stefan Martin and forward Mitch Hannan are both on track to be available for Sunday’s clash with Fremantle.

Martin hasn’t played since round seven due to an Achilles tendon issue, while Hannan missed last week’s loss to Melbourne with calf tightness.

However, the pair look set to be fit to face the Dockers.

“Stef has had some persistent Achilles soreness. He needed some time off to allow us to fix the injury and to return him back to his best,” head of sports medicine, Chris Bell, said.

“He’s had a few really solid training sessions and will return to availability this week.

“Following our main training session last week, Mitch reported some low-level calf tightness.

“We didn’t want to take any risks with Mitch, so he didn’t play. He got through training well today and if he gets through the rest of the week like I expect, he’ll return to availability.”

Last week’s debutant, Riley Garcia, will be unavailable to take on the Dockers.

The midfielder was subbed out in the first quarter against the Dees and will need to work through concussion protocols before he is available to return.

Injury list

Hannan (calf) – available
    Martin (Achilles) – available
    Garcia (concussion) – TBC
    Richards (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
    Wood (hamstring) – 2-4 weeks
    Vandermeer (knee) – 6-7 weeks
    Dunkley (shoulder) – 6-8 weeks
    Jong (hamstring) – 6-8 weeks
    Treloar (ankle) – 6-8 weeks

6. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog, azabob, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4 players at 6 weeks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Richards available after Bye

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly reckon we take the Mumford approach to Stef Martin. Play him for a few weeks, spell him for a week or two, then bring him back. Nurse him through to the finals series so he's as fit as possible.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I honestly reckon we take the Mumford approach to Stef Martin. Play him for a few weeks, spell him for a week or two, then bring him back. Nurse him through to the finals series so he's as fit as possible.
    I'd be happy with this, given it means we expose Sweet to the top level to hasten his development.

I love what English has been able to do as a forward/no 2 ruck and honestly believe that role is the hardest to fill in the AFL. There aren't too many good ones around. Sweet/Martin both filling the number 1 ruck role allows English to keep doing what he's doing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd be happy with this, given it means we expose Sweet to the top level to hasten his development.

I love what English has been able to do as a forward/no 2 ruck and honestly believe that role is the hardest to fill in the AFL. There aren't too many good ones around. Sweet/Martin both filling the number 1 ruck role allows English to keep doing what he's doing.
    Yeah, we've found the perfect role for English's skill set and now it is up to the coaching and fitness staff to get Martin right for the pointy end of the year, while still banking enough wins with a combo of Sweet/Martin for the remainder of the home & away.

Sweet copped an absolute bath from the best in the business on the weekend but I still believe he has plenty of potential as our primary ruck, just not immediately.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news on Martin? AC joint?

Also, what’s with our weird tendency to send injured players back on only for them to go down within a few contests?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Also, what’s with our weird tendency to send injured players back on only for them to go down within a few contests?
    2am and no upload of Bevo's presser yet on the AFL website, so no news as far as I know.

So at the halfway mark of the year, with our current injury list this is who we aim to get back and what round:

-BYE-
    Round 14 - GMHBA vs Geelong - Riley Garcia, Ed Richards
    Round 15 - Optus Stadium vs Eagles - N/A
    Round 16 - TBA vs North Melbourne - Easton Wood
    Round 17 - TBA vs Swans - N/A
    Round 18 - TBA vs Suns - N/A
    Round 19 - TBA vs Adelaide - N/A
    Round 20 - TBA vs Melbourne - Laith Vandermeer, Lin Jong, Adam Treloar, Josh Dunkley
    Round 21 - TBA vs Essendon
    Round 22 - TBA vs Hawhtorn
    Round 23 - TBA vs Port

Basically, if all goes well, should get some key soldiers back for our next game vs Melbourne, baring some needing to see some VFL first.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Only thing I can currently fine, saying he should get up for Cats game

''Western Bulldogs will train through their designated AFL bye this week before engineering their own artificial break in a bid to outrun Victoria’s statewide lockdown.

The 10-2 Bulldogs jetted home from Perth on Sunday night’s red-eye flight after recording their maiden win at Optus Stadium to consolidate second place on the AFL ladder.

The 28-point win against a wounded Fremantle was set up by Marcus Bontempelli’s golden first half and unlikely goalkicker Tom Liberatore’s double-strike in the third quarter.

Aerial king Aaron Naughton dominated with 13 marks (five contested), although the usually-reliable set-shot finished with 1.5.

The Dogs were expected to have the AFL Players’ Association-mandated four days off this week, and intended on instead giving their players five days off between Monday and Friday.

But instead they will train at Whitten Oval throughout the lockdown and next week in the lead-up to Friday week’s game against Geelong at GMHBA Stadium, which is the next AFL match scheduled in Victoria.

Ruckman Stefan Martin (shoulder) was substituted out against the Dockers, but is likely to be fit to take on the Cats.

Pending the lifting of lockdown restrictions, the Dogs will then take their four-day holiday directly following that Cats clash.

A sore Stefan Martin is expected to be fit for the clash with Geelong. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

They will then return to work on June 23, which is four days before they are due to meet West Coast''
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

17. Thanks bornadog, 1eyedog, Bumper Bulldogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
    Josh Dunkley Shoulder 5-7 weeks
    Riley Garcia Concussion TBC
    Stefan Martin AC joint Test
    Lin Jong Hamstring 5-7 weeks
    Ed Richards Ankle Test
    Adam Treloar Ankle 5-7 weeks
    Laitham Vandermeer Knee 5-6 weeks
    Easton Wood Hamstring 1-3 weeks
    Updated: Tuesday, June 8

Early prognosis

Martin returned from his Achilles injury and was struck out again, this time a shoulder concern in the Dogs' win over Fremantle. He faces a test to be available against Geelong in round 14. The bye comes at a good time for the Bulldogs who still have some star power sitting on the sidelines in Dunkley and Treloar, while Richards is getting close to his return from an early-season ankle injury. - Callum Twomey

Post Thanks / Like

Looking ok at the moment, with Easton available post bye it'll only be Dunks and Treloar as definite best 22 as extended injuries and my gut feel is Dunks will be back within that 5 weeks.

Cross every finger and toe that we can keep fit for the rest of the year!