Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Naughton on track for Eagles

Key forward Aaron Naughton is in line to face the West Coast Eagles on Sunday afternoon.

The 21-year-old was subbed out of Friday night’s loss to Geelong with a rib injury.

However, scans have cleared him of any major injury and he has travelled with the team to Perth as he looks to prove his fitness to play against the Eagles.

“At the end of the second quarter, Aaron received some heavy impact to the side of his trunk,” head of sports medicine, Chris Bell, said.

“We sent him off to hospital where scans cleared him of any serious structural damage.

“We’ll monitor Aaron this week but remain optimistic that he’ll be available to play the Eagles.”

Ruckman Stefan Martin is also expected to be available to play this week, after being a late withdrawal on Friday night.

“He was close to playing but didn’t quite tick all our boxes in the final fitness test,” Bell said.

“Stef will return to training this week and if he gets through like I expect, he’ll return to availability.”

Adam Treloar will resume running on an Alter G machine this weekend in the next steps of his rehabilitation from ankle syndesmosis surgery.

Josh Dunkley (shoulder) and Lin Jong (hamstring) are both within a month of returning – the former back in non-contact training and the latter now back running after a six-week spell.

Injury list

Butler (groin) test
    Martin (shoulder) test
    Naughton (ribs) test
    Jong (hamstring) 4 weeks
    Dunkley (shoulder) 4-5 weeks
    Vandermeer (knee) 4-6 weeks
    Treloar (ankle) 5-7 weeks

2. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ads' healing has stagnated.

Great to see Dunks training. Also, Bell is saying Martin will be available for selection this week but I didn't think he went to Perth (VFL?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Great to see Dunks training. Also, Bell is saying Martin will be available for selection this week but I didn't think he went to Perth (VFL?)
    Martin was apparently available last week too, so I would take it with a grain of salt. Would be very weird if he was right to play and then ran around in the VFL while English gets pounded by NN but who knows?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they HAVE to be over there for a week before WA will let them play? Or could he show up later in the week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Do they HAVE to be over there for a week before WA will let them play? Or could he show up later in the week?
    If he can show up later in the week and play, I reckon the whole team would take that option.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I think he did go to Perth. No one has confirmed he didn't
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stevo on Ch7 said the 23 who played on Friday plus Schache, Garcia and Richards. He may have got it wrong, but that's as rock solid intel as you're going to get.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Stevo on Ch7 said the 23 who played on Friday plus Schache, Garcia and Richards. He may have got it wrong, but that's as rock solid intel as you're going to get.
    Maybe this includes Martin? He was *selected* to play I guess.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Yeah, I saw that, but doesn't mean alot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo confirmed that the only additions to the 23 from Friday were Schache, Garcia and Richards. If he says it, you can take it to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Stevo confirmed that the only additions to the 23 from Friday were Schache, Garcia and Richards. If he says it, you can take it to the bank.
    But what about what I want to believe?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I saw that, but doesn't mean alot.
    But you just said nobody confirmed Martin didn't fly to Perth? Two journos from separate organisations have done just that. I don't think we can read much into selection news from the head physio's reports. I hope we have somehow couriered big Stef over to Perth but indications aren't promising.

Post Thanks / Like

The other day I remembered Roarke Smith's horror run. I almost forgot about it, and there is he being a soldier.
    Fingers crossed for Jongy. Love the fact we are keeping faith.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley targets swift return

Star midfielder Josh Dunkley is targeting a return to football inside a month.

The 24-year-old is on the way back from a shoulder reconstruction after being injured in the Bulldogs’ round six win against the GWS Giants.

Dunkley is already back running and completing some non-contact skills sessions.

He’s hopeful he could have as many as six weeks of football under his belt ahead of a potential finals campaign.

“It’s coming along slowly,” Dunkley told ABC Grandstand ahead of Friday night’s clash against Geelong.

“I’m (eight) weeks into the rehab process and seeing some light at the end of the tunnel which is good.

“My goal is to get back around round 18, that’s what I’ve been told by the medicos.

“I’ve been able to join in some light skills sessions in Footscray at the moment, so it’s been good to be back out there with the boys.

“The contact stuff will come in the next few weeks. I’m looking forward to getting back out there soon.”

19. Thanks bulldogtragic, 1eyedog, Eastdog thanked for this post