Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  185
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Treloar will be ready for round 1 according to this report
    Good news. He and Dunkley have certainly bonded fast! Can only be a good thing I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks azabob, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs play safe with Treloar, No.1 pick 'a fair way off'

Western Bulldogs recruit Adam Treloar is in some doubt for the round one clash against his old team

HIGH-profile Western Bulldogs recruit Adam Treloar remains in significant doubt to face his former team Collingwood in round one.

Treloar, who was forced out in the Magpies' fire sale during last year's AFL Trade Period, has been battling a calf injury for a month.

The 27-year-old has a history of soft-tissue injuries and the Bulldogs are taking a cautious approach with their prized midfielder.

Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said Treloar will only play "some minutes" in the reserves practice match on Monday, if at all.

"He'd had a really strong training patch and then he got a cork in his calf and kept running on it. So it turned into something a little bit worse," Beveridge told SEN radio on Wednesday.

"We've got about 12 days until round one (after Monday) and we'll just see how that shapes up."

Treloar might not be the only much-talked-about player missing for the March 19 game against the Magpies at the MCG, with No.1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan set to be eased into his promising AFL career.

The prodigiously talented key forward was unable to play any under-age football last season because of COVID-19 restrictions and Beveridge said that meant Ugle-Hagan was coming from a long way back.

"Jamarra will play when he's physically ready and he's a fair way off at the moment," Beveridge said.

The recruitment of Treloar bolsters an already-impressive midfield at the Whitten Oval club that includes captain Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Tom Liberatore.

Fellow premiership on-baller Josh Dunkley is still at the club after his trade request to join Essendon fell through.

Dunkley was unhappy at being used in a variety of different positions last year but Beveridge said there was no guarantee the 24-year-old would be back in the midfield full time.

"(Dunkley) didn't play his best game against Hawthorn (last week)," Beveridge said.

"He's fully aware that there's pressure for game time in any role in our team.

"There's pressure on for his (Dunkley's) spot and the role that he plays."

5. Thanks GVGjr, HOSE B ROMERO, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crozier set for shoulder surgery

Influential defender Hayden Crozier has been ruled out of the Western Bulldogs’ round one clash with Collingwood.

Crozier suffered a shoulder injury in the third quarter of yesterday’s AAMI Community Series win against Melbourne.

Scans have since confirmed an AC joint injury for the 27-year-old, who will require surgery to fix the issue.

A return to play timeframe for Crozier will be determined following his operation.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Crozier set for shoulder surgery

Influential defender Hayden Crozier has been ruled out of the Western Bulldogs’ round one clash with Collingwood.

Crozier suffered a shoulder injury in the third quarter of yesterday’s AAMI Community Series win against Melbourne.

Scans have since confirmed an AC joint injury for the 27-year-old, who will require surgery to fix the issue.

A return to play timeframe for Crozier will be determined following his operation.
    This is a real blow. He's a pretty important player for us with his marking and spoiling. I'd say Duryea will take his spot. You would think JJ would but Bevo didn't sound too impressed with his game in the two's.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced Crozier is a big loss. He's a decent player but he isn't good defensively and he isn't an attacking threat. His leap is impressive and handy for sky high balls into D50, but I think it also clouds judgement on his overall game. I've been critical of his propensity to fly when he shouldn't and then be beaten at ground level.

I think he's a solid player but we should be able to cover him with Duryea or Wood.
    W00F!

9. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is one of our few players to have an aerial presence in defence, and is decent one on one (although has a tendency to take himself out of the contest flying for it).

Agree we should be able to cover him with Duryea or Wood, but he is probably the best of those three options (Duryea might be better tbh).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier’s maniacal courage can hurt as much as it helps. He’s really gotta stop trying to spoil the ball from the front of the contest by coming back with the flight and let the relevant defender handle it, because despite how admirable it is he takes himself out of position to clear the ball when it comes to ground, he invariably takes out the other defenders who could defend the ground ball, and his spoils almost always go goal side, putting the ball into the most dangerous space.

I agree that he’s an important player but not a perfect one, and we should be able to cover his loss.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how shit we are at defending the high ball this is a massive loss. Unfortunately Crozier has had to sacrifice his game to be this player and it has meant we have missed out on his natural attacking tendencies, which I guess we try to make up through JJ and Williams.

He will be missed more than we think and I think Wood will need to play his role. Wood needs to step up to cover this loss imo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
    Hayden Crozier Shoulder TBC
    Riley Garcia Knee TBC
    Mitch Hannan Groin TBC
    Toby McLean Knee 4-5 months
    Aaron Naughton Arm Test
    Laitham Vandermeer Hip Test
    Easton Wood Hamstring 1-2 weeks
    Updated: Tuesday, March 9

Wood hasn't been ruled out of round one yet but will need to make strides over the next week to be passed fit for the Friday night clash with Collingwood. The Dogs came out of the AAMI Community Series clash with some injury concerns, with Crozier requiring surgery on his shoulder. Naughton and Vandermeer are expected to be available. Hannan has been managing his groin injury since crossing from Melbourne but there is no timeline set. - Callum Twomey

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So looks like that means Duryea for Crozier.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Naughton and Vander to be available

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...nt-for-crozier

6-8 weeks for Crozier.
    Wood and Treloar coming back into full training, in consideration for Rd 1
    Vandermeer and Naughton expected to be fit for Rd 1

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Based on what appears to be Bevo DNA I expect Khamis to get the nod.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Based on what appears to be Bevo DNA I expect Khamis to get the nod.
    Can you see Bevo not playing Wood if he's fit? I can't.