Likes Likes:  185
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2021

It’s like Scott Basset’s 16 week quad injury all over again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    At least he's moving in the right direction now.
    Absolutely! And with the pre-finals bye he's got over 3 weeks to get right. I'm bullish.

Post Thanks / Like

Be good to get Alex Keath back. Important player for us holding up our defence.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wish the club would mention Stef in an injury update. Even to admit it's taking longer than expected but they're still planning on him playing again this season.

No actual commentary about it is what makes the time-line feel made up.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Josh Bruce well. Such a blow at this stage into the season with a big finals series coming up. He has been really good this season. I like what he has brought to the table.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    What's a groin / hip btw? Make up your mind!
    Essentially osteitis pubis hence the slow recovery period and unknown ETA on his availability. It effects the groin but also radiates to soreness around the hip. Early hip soreness can often denote the early stages of osteitis pubis.

In many instances it is a protracted injury that can all of a sudden improve really quickly.

Let's hope it does and he gets a game in before finals.

9. Thanks Bulldog4life, Eastdog, bornadog, boydogs thanked for this post
    Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Essentially osteitis pubis hence the slow recovery period and unknown ETA on his availability. It effects the groin but also radiates to soreness around the hip. Early hip soreness can often denote the early stages of osteitis pubis.

In many instances it is a protracted injury that can all of a sudden improve really quickly.

Let's hope it does and he gets a game in before finals.
    Ah makes sense thanks. Wonder why they just don't put OP. Not in vogue anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah makes sense thanks. Wonder why they just don't put OP. Not in vogue anymore.
    I have no idea but when you have on-going groin and hip soreness it's almost always associated with OP. I'm no Doctor but I've had it and researched it heaps cause it was shit when I had it.

12. Thanks Grantysghost, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'It would be risky': Big Dog's finals return in doubt

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says it would be a huge risk to select Stefan Martin during the finals, but he hasn't closed the door completely on the veteran ruckman.

Martin, who has been sidelined since round 12 with hip and groin issues, is on track to be fit for selection in the coming weeks.

But given his lengthy stint on the sidelines, Martin faces an uphill battle to win a spot in the side as the club pushes for premiership success.

"It would be risky wouldn't it?" Beveridge said on Thursday.

"For a player that's been out for so long, it would be a huge risk. You just can't afford to lose anyone in those circumstances in any game, let alone a final.

"It would be less likely that he'd be selected. But it probably depends more on the training block in the lead-in.

"If he can really be on top of things physically with what we throw at him, then that would give us peace of mind if we get there.

"But we're not counting on it."

Of more immediate concern to Beveridge is attempting to find a way to fill the void left by spearhead Josh Bruce, who suffered a season-ending ACL injury in last week's loss to Essendon.

Bruce has booted a team-high 48 goals this season, with Aaron Naughton (38 goals) and midfielder Marcus Bontempelli (25) the next best.

Beveridge revealed Bruce hasn't even been able to see his close family since rupturing his ACL.

Bruce is set to undergo surgery on Thursday, with the 29-year-old forced to wait a few extra days to make sure a graze in his other leg wasn't infected.

"He's been isolated from Pip - his partner ... and his two children because of the fact they were up north after our Gold Coast game and then the quarantine aspect," Beveridge said.

"So he hasn't seen them for a little while either. They're scheduled to come out of isolation today as well. So at least he'll wake up to his family, that's a real positive."

With the second-placed Bulldogs well and truly in the flag hunt, Beveridge said Bruce's knee injury was a big blow.

Bruce has played just one final in his 150-game AFL career - the Bulldogs' elimination final loss to his former side St Kilda last year.

"It is devastating for Josh but we've got to move on pretty quickly because there's a lot at stake. We'll find a way," Beveridge said.

The Bulldogs can take a major step towards locking up a top-two berth with victory over Hawthorn in Launceston on Saturday.

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how to read that. For some reason it's made me more confident of a return.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how to read that. For some reason it's made me more confident of a return.
    I read it the same way. Bevo not giving anything away, put some doubt in the opposition on who is available.

Stefan is 2 weeks away from returning.

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I read it the same way. Bevo not giving anything away, put some doubt in the opposition on who is available.

Stefan is 2 weeks away from returning.
    Bevo pretty much ruled Treloar out for the season a while back so who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

Ducks and drakes
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Expect Martin to play against Port

21. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Expect Martin to play against Port
    Yeah I think if he doesn't get up by then we won't risk him
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff