Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs 2020 AGM

Couldn’t locate the Events thread so thought I’d start a thread about this. Logged on initially but didn’t watch it all. Any woofers watch the entire AGM?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs 2020 AGM

Yes. Only missed one or two since the mid 80's.
    PG is always interesting to listen to and he answered most of the questions with Ameet answering the balance.
    Bains indicated that the club is in discussions for back of jumper sponsor.
    Also that while it was mutually disappointing to lose the Mercedes Benz sponsorship, this doesn't mean that it won't be renewed some time in the future. Indeed he had spoken to them as recently as last week.

There was a question re why the club let go of so many staff while still ending up making a sizable profit. He answered this by stating that at the time of the staff being stood down, there was grave concern that the season would proceed.

Another question re why persisting with Ballarat. Among other reasons, he stated that it is imperative that our membership increase and that he could see that happening in that region over the next 20 years.

3. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I remember that question about the staff.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the first 20 minutes. Great to hear Peter's last speech, almost brought a tear to the eye. Sad to see him go, but what a position he has left us in. He loved saying the words we have $14 million in cash, in the bank. New development will cost about $50 Million plus, and the club won't be in debt.

Kyle ended the AGM as the President and I believe she will do a great job. We are lucky to have so many great people at the club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Yes. Only missed one or two since the mid 80's.
    PG is always interesting to listen to and he answered most of the questions with Ameet answering the balance.
    Bains indicated that the club is in discussions for back of jumper sponsor.
    Also that while it was mutually disappointing to lose the Mercedes Benz sponsorship, this doesn't mean that it won't be renewed some time in the future. Indeed he had spoken to them as recently as last week.

There was a question re why the club let go of so many staff while still ending up making a sizable profit. He answered this by stating that at the time of the staff being stood down, there was grave concern that the season would proceed.

Another question re why persisting with Ballarat. Among other reasons, he stated that it is imperative that our membership increase and that he could see that happening in that region over the next 20 years.
    Disney would be great. Then no more Thor jumpers. Not that I hated it as my grandchildren love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Disney would be great. Then no more Thor jumpers. Not that I hated it as my grandchildren love it.
    Hate to tell you Disney own Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm (Star Wars, Indiana Jones) amongst others! So Thor II is a definite possibility.