Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
I disagree with this point.
Naughton plays whenever he's fit, but Lewy Young (by rumour) fronted up in poor condition and was a mile off form wise. Schache isn't a KPF but was unavailable anyway.
Who else, Sweet? Bevo publically stated his forward-craft was the reason he didn't get a game in 2020.
The cupboard was bare. If there was a viable alternative, I would have been all for them.
Bruce displayed a total lack of forward craft in the majority of his games. And he was useless in the ruck because he had no ruck-craft. In other words, he was a mile off form wise, But we persevered. We put all on potential, like problem gamblers, and it never came good.

Personally, I cannot understand how Young couldn’t get fit in a whole season and Sweet couldn’t learn anything useful in two whole seasons. Who’s teaching them and managing their fitness?

And I have some sympathy for Bruce. A number of views of his work suggested that he might be carrying an injury.
At times he struggled to get distance into his kicks and they frequently went left. He seemed to have trouble which left him crashing packs when a mark was expected. I wish him a better 2021.