Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  45
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: John Patton in big strife

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't know about that. The point started out being that Patton is a dispicable wanker and got himself in this situation. The conversation hasn't verged far from the point that he virtually blew up his career himself because he is a dispicable wanker I reckon.
    Yeah they kind of go hand in hand, whilst one issue with him shouldn't be conflated with the other which I don't think is what's happened here.

Not all entitled wankers behave just one way with their entitlement, some can multi-task!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

A really ordinary bloke. Could tell that from a mile out. He ran it up his own flag pole.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Booking yourself into hospital for mental health reasons is a big thing nowadays - career in politics in the offing maybe?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty crazy that of the 3 key forwards taken with pick 1 between 2011 and 2014 there has been one mediocre career with a slightly early retirement, another probably even more mediocre career with a brief good blip (+premiership) and then a very early retirement, and another career that never really got going and ended very prematurely.

None of the three ever really looked like being even a top 10 key forward in the comp, all were the big lumbering types that have been horribly out of fashion for a decade, all three suffered from multiple and serious injuries and mental health issues, and if you did a redraft of each of their years I doubt any of them go in the first 15 picks.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Pretty crazy that of the 3 key forwards taken with pick 1 between 2011 and 2014 there has been one mediocre career with a slightly early retirement, another probably even more mediocre career with a brief good blip (+premiership) and then a very early retirement, and another career that never really got going and ended very prematurely.

None of the three ever really looked like being even a top 10 key forward in the comp, all were the big lumbering types that have been horribly out of fashion for a decade, all three suffered from multiple and serious injuries and mental health issues, and if you did a redraft of each of their years I doubt any of them go in the first 15 picks.
    You forget that most of the big guys take much longer to mature and we don't know how they would have turned out if they had no physical or mental issues. Patton with three knee reco's didn't help him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.