Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
I have not done that.

What i have said is Young has played some good footy and I don’t think he has received sufficient credit.

I have raised stats as a way of reinforcing that conclusion. And every reference to a measure of performance has been dismissed.

So here is my opinion:

When Lewis Young played in his first 2 AFL games as an 18 year old and had 37 disposals (8 contested) 19 marks and 8 one percenters - 5 easy to address measures of a footballer, he had rare start to his career and showed special talent. And he has been quite reasonable is most other games. I am very disappointed in what the club has done to benefit from that opportunity. I also think the club is worse off for his extended absences since his debut.

So nail your flag to the mast.

Be the first to give a contrasting opinion supported by evidence.
I can't be bothered to do so but you could make the same post and replace Lewis Young with Jason Tutt using his initial stats. No one is going to argue he didn't have a good first 2 games.

One problem with this line of reasoning is that all your statistics point to past performance (and while I have issues with the validity of some of these let's put it to the side for now). What evidence is there that in 2020 he deserved any game time beyond what he got? The frustrating conclusion is there is none and we don't know if that's because he didn't deserve them or because he was ignored since we have no real footage and limited reports on his performances in scratch matches and such.