Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  207
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW - Game Day discussion - Season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Brown and Gamble have been huge in defence.

Our willingness to run and take the game on from our backline has been a pleasure to watch
    Brown has really come on in leaps and bounds this year. Super impressed.
    Gamble and Lynch have proved to be a formidable key back team. What a great 2nd half.
    Huntington and Fitzgerald are class.

Can’t believe a Bulldogs team just won a game with superb conversion from half as many inside 50’s as the opposition.

2. Likes Dry Rot, Raw Toast, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackburn, Huntington and Lamb is a pretty handy top 3.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Girls won despite biased umpiring.

Gee the marking & kicking has improved so much since inception. Blackburn, Huntington, Fitzgerald, Brown, Gamble, McLeod, Lamb....we have some seriously good players. And when Scott lays a tackle, boy you’d feel it. A level of toughness & determination with this side.

On one hand Dees would rue their inaccuracy, however ours was superb and we tended to put a lot of their kicks inside 50 under a fair bit of pressure.

Go Dogs!! Beat GWS next week and finals beckon.

5. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good win by the girls. I thought we needed to cover Paxman as she was the main driving force for them but our defense held strong and its good to have teams struggle to score at the kennel again.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I thought we needed to cover Paxman as she was the main driving force...
    That's interesting.

I thought Paxman was an absolute liability for Melbourne with her indiscriminate handballs and the way she continually 'passed on the pressure' to her team-mates behind the contest. I think she had 9x possessions in q3 and I would think 7 of them were ineffective and 5 of those were direct turnovers.

Melbourne didn't take advantage in the 1st half when they dominated the ball...tough luck.

I continue to be over the umpires and the commentators. SO BAD. Simple criticism of the players is continually turned into excuse making - I'm pretty sure that - for example - Toogood would be more than happy for the commentators to criticise her poor i50 entry in the last q when she effectively gave the ball away...just whitewashing it proves nothing. Equally, Fitzgerald kicked a nice enough goal in the 2nd q but for Goddard to go on and on about it as if it was some kind of miracle....the question should have been - where was her opponent with the suggestion being that - 4 games or 44 games into a career, you cannot allow a good finisher like her to sit in space at the front of a contest. Carmody is such a goose he suggested the Melbourne players would have a thoughtful drive home back over the Westgate bridge...where the hell does he think they are going???? Geelong?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's interesting.
    She looked like the main ball winner and I would have like someone to tighten the reins a bit. Yes her disposal wasn't as precise but what if it was. As for the comments I slagged off at the TV in the first quarter and after composing myself I decided to save it for when the men start.
    I zoned out after that and had male selective hearing.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's interesting.

I thought Paxman was an absolute liability for Melbourne with her indiscriminate handballs and the way she continually 'passed on the pressure' to her team-mates behind the contest. I think she had 9x possessions in q3 and I would think 7 of them were ineffective and 5 of those were direct turnovers.

Melbourne didn't take advantage in the 1st half when they dominated the ball...tough luck.

I continue to be over the umpires and the commentators. SO BAD. Simple criticism of the players is continually turned into excuse making - I'm pretty sure that - for example - Toogood would be more than happy for the commentators to criticise her poor i50 entry in the last q when she effectively gave the ball away...just whitewashing it proves nothing. Equally, Fitzgerald kicked a nice enough goal in the 2nd q but for Goddard to go on and on about it as if it was some kind of miracle....the question should have been - where was her opponent with the suggestion being that - 4 games or 44 games into a career, you cannot allow a good finisher like her to sit in space at the front of a contest. Carmody is such a goose he suggested the Melbourne players would have a thoughtful drive home back over the Westgate bridge...where the hell does he think they are going???? Geelong?
    You've been gone for too long mate*. Whitten oval and Geelong are on the same side of the Westgate. The Williamstown Rd exit ramp turns left onto the Westgate bridge. Geelong Rd (as in the Geelong Rd end) gets you to Geelong.

*You have actually
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort by our team in front of a good crowd
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few things to work on: Georgastasis should never attempt to bounce under any circumstances. And no player should attempt to pass the ball 15 metres or less UNLESS the teammate is in acres of space, especially in defence.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Off to the game. Who knows how many games/visits to wo will be possible this year.
    We've had some great clashes with the demons in the past. From memory we won a tight one in 2018 that got us to the grand final and eventual premiers.
    Melbourne will deservedly start favourites. But if we can knock them off it would really shake things up.
    I read recently that Libby Birch said that she is happier at Melbourne as there was not unity within the team during her last season with us. However Blackburn responded that while she is entitled to her opinion, she was wrong.
    A bit of spice. Just what the game needs
    It's not what I've heard and I've got a good contact.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You've been gone for too long mate*. Whitten oval and Geelong are on the same side of the Westgate. The Williamstown Rd exit ramp turns left onto the Westgate bridge. Geelong Rd (as in the Geelong Rd end) gets you to Geelong.

*You have actually
    Too funny.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Good atmosphere at the ground. So good to be able to barrack at the ground rather than on the couch. And no commentators.
    Great to have Hannah Scott back for her first game of the year. The backline stood up well considering the amount of pressure they were under. Can't see Spark getting back in the team.
    Boy it was so overcast i had to turn around and watch the game on the screen at times.
    Go dogs!

20. Likes Raw Toast, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant win.

Still have to watch it on tv to have more informed comments (although watching it from the Hawkins wing is just glorious).

Regarding Paxman, I've still got her as the best player in Victoria over the last few years (and highly under-rated at that), but from the ground eye view we gave her absolutely no space for most of the second half, and it did seem to put her off her game. Credit to Lamb especially, though I think Georgostathis also spent some time on her.

Wonderful pressure again, especially in the second half - it's a foundation that's worked very well for us so far this season. Umpiring absolutely appalling, hopefully that also turns around, because it's hard to win when so many decisions seem to be going against us.

Great to see Scott back, while Brown was fantastic, Gamble and Lynch also good to very good. We're really building something down back, while our forward structure looked to improve in the second half as well.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

22. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackburn one out in the forward line is a move we should be trying more often. If she's one on one with an isolated defender, it's lights out.

24. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to watching the replay.

At the ground, it looked like we really kicked on when our backline started to clamp right down and get very physical. No doubt Scotty an influence there, she’s a fierce competitor. A nice addition to a group of defenders who are building some good form.

Ellie, Lamb and Izzy the big threats again.

Umpires were genuinely bad I thought.

26. Likes Raw Toast liked this post