Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  207
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW - Game Day discussion - Season 2021

Huntington appeared to cop a pretty significant arm chop there in a crucial moment. Not sure what they're seeing. 26-6 is an incredible free kick count.
    Shame the dogs have thrown the kitchen sink at them this last quarter. Fantastic effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Huntington appeared to cop a pretty significant arm chop there in a crucial moment. Not sure what they're seeing. 26-6 is an incredible free kick count.
    Shame the dogs have thrown the kitchen sink at them this last quarter. Fantastic effort.
    They’re seeing the script that demanded the hard tackling St Kilda and their loser full back coming back from an ACL and THE G TRANE be put over at all costs. This competition is manufactured to within an inch of its life.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of positives but couldn't bring it home. Let the saints play their passing game which is normally our style. Not sure where Hannah Scott is but she is definitely needed down back.
    Blackburn was inspirational. Huntington, Toogood, and Lamb shone.
    Looking forward to next Friday night at the kennel.

Post Thanks / Like

Good effort by the girls but I'd walk away from that thinking we were hard done by.
    I may have misses something but what was the free kick for in the last to the G train that resulted in the last goal.
    Hard to tell by the poor camera work but I wonder if Lochland had other options in front of goal instead of taking a ping as it gave them back the ball and it was all over from there.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

We had 20 less frees, one more shot at goal and should have had a shot to put us in front. Pretty positive outing aside from the result.There’s a way to go, especially moving the ball through congestion, but I thought there was a lot to take out of that game.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have footy back, and turned out to be a perfect night to be watching from the hill.

Izzy Huntington and Ellie Blackburn are absolute stars. Both have played some great games for us, but this might have been career bests.

Looking forward to seeing Fitzgerald and Hartwig develop as the season goes on.

Surprised that Ferres and Scott didn't get a game - Scott must be injured by Ferres is a clear best 16 imo.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We had 20 less frees, one more shot at goal and should have had a shot to put us in front. Pretty positive outing aside from the result.There’s a way to go, especially moving the ball through congestion, but I thought there was a lot to take out of that game.
    I was disgusted with the free kicks and the piss weak 50 metre penalties as well.

Girls did well tonight and should have won.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing result. Some umpiring decisions certainly didn't help. The first 50 of the night should have warned us what to expect.

It seemed the saints beat us the way the saints mens team beat us.

Swift ball movement and getting into dangerous positions behind our defense.

A bit to work with Huntington, Toogood, Blackburn and I also thought Moody in the ruck is something to work with.

I still can't warm to the coach.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still pretty filthy on this. Pretty encouraging signs but when you have a player tackled immediately after taking possession from a stoppage be pinged, and then the player who takes the free kick get tackled after being called to play on for no free kick, then you aren't exactly playing with an even deck. 26-6 with 4-0 fifties is as bad an umpiring disparity as I've seen in elite sport since Steve Bucknor retired.

Whatever. Reckon we'll be good. Anyone know where Hannah Scott and Kirsty McLeod were last night (since apparently an injury list does nothing to further the AFLW brand so has obviously been forgone)?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Disappointing result. Some umpiring decisions certainly didn't help. The first 50 of the night should have warned us what to expect.

It seemed the saints beat us the way the saints mens team beat us.

Swift ball movement and getting into dangerous positions behind our defense.

A bit to work with Huntington, Toogood, Blackburn and I also thought Moody in the ruck is something to work with.

I still can't warm to the coach.
    I'm 50/50 with Burke. Seems a very nice guy and presents well but his methods are yet to be proven.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'm still pretty filthy on this. Pretty encouraging signs but when you have a player tackled immediately after taking possession from a stoppage be pinged, and then the player who takes the free kick get tackled after being called to play on for no free kick, then you aren't exactly playing with an even deck. 26-6 with 4-0 fifties is as bad an umpiring disparity as I've seen in elite sport since Steve Bucknor retired.

Whatever. Reckon we'll be good. Anyone know where Hannah Scott and Kirsty McLeod were last night (since apparently an injury list does nothing to further the AFLW brand so has obviously been forgone)?
    I think I read somewhere Scott was injured but I can't find the article. Her aggression could have been handy although it could have been counter productive with how the frees were going.

Post Thanks / Like

As well as the 20 extra frees to them there were no similar frees coming back our way. There was a glaring one missed 20 metres in front of our goal when the St.Kilda player dropped the ball when tackled. Not sure what quarter but kicking to the left of screen. Disgraceful umpiring all night.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen Bontempelli and Huntington in the same room?

Both number four, both left footers, both generational talents....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Has anyone seen Bontempelli and Huntington in the same room?

Both number four, both left footers, both generational talents....
    Are you planning ahead?

Post Thanks / Like

"A trio of Bulldog pups made their AFLW debuts for the membership. Former Magpie Katie Lynch, Jess Fitzgerald and Sarah Hartwig all wore the purple, white and blue for the first time".
    From The Age, reasonable article but purple?

20. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post