Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  207
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW - Game Day discussion - Season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Cats dominating this quarter.
    Awful quarter, our worst of the season. Started breaking down the contest, and despite great work from the G's (Gogos making me eat my words, Gamble, and Guesty), we started to get a bit overwhelmed.

We've still got the class, but need to use it better to win this.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Fitzgerald is going to bring people through the gate. Some goal.

3. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We ran out the game better than Geelong. We certainly are fit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fitzgerald will quickly join Blackburn, Lamb and Huntington in our elite tier. Clever, powerful and skilful player

Georgosthasis has had a great start to the year, along with Guest, Lynch and Gamble in defence. I still love what Hartwig is bringing to the table. I would have been shocked if you'd told me that Spark wouldn't be getting a game...her and Scott have been defensive mainstays for us, nice to see the new breed coming through.

Lochland was more involved tonight, playing on a wing, but I'm not sure it's the right position for her. I assume she is good aerobically and that's how she finds herself up the ground.

Big fan of Dee Berry's skills as well.

Regarding our overall structure...it's not really there is it? Lots of pressure on Izzy getting the bailout kick or a quick break with McLeod running on to it. I would love to see us switch the play a bit more, although I understand that we might not be ready for that until our foot skills improve.

I think we will get cut open by Crows/North/Lions, but it's nice to get a few wins against lesser teams.

7. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Moody was terrific in the ruck.
    Ash Guest’s bump on the head was fitting, given the tenacity she brought to the contest.

Toogood had a “nearly” for the opportunities that presented, she could have made a bigger impact. Worked hard.

Fitzy is a gun.

9. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Swamp - Izzy Grant was 22 months old when the Bulldogs last won in Geelong (2003)

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Moody was terrific in the ruck.
    Ash Guest’s bump on the head was fitting, given the tenacity she brought to the contest.

Toogood had a “nearly” for the opportunities that presented, she could have made a bigger impact. Worked hard.

Fitzy is a gun.
    Clearly the best game I have seen from Moody. Will be a big plus if she can build on this effort.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs flag?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dogs flag?
    A couple of teams will be hard to beat - North are looking pretty good, but you never know

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You can see they're trying to move the ball through traffic with hands but its just not there yet with missed targets and bad timing.
    If it starts to gel things may start to happen.
    Geelong would have been fired up on their home turf so its good to walk away with a win.

Dad should rub it into Issy that he had 9 marks and 2goals 3 behinds in his first game.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

16. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Clearly the best game I have seen from Moody. Will be a big plus if she can build on this effort.
    Moody (23yo) and Rennie (26yo) were a really nice combo in the ruck tonight. Looking forward to watching them continue their development as a duo. Makes a huge difference to our midfield.

Hope it's not the last effective Bulldogs ruck duo we see this year...

18. Likes Bulldog Joe, SonofScray, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catching up on the game now. At half time, definitely not as pretty to watch as our last couple of games but we're clearly the better team.

Georgostathis (who I just learned is not called "Georgia Stathis" which was leaving me wondering why she got the full name treatment every time on commentary) could be a really damaging player but her ball use is brutal. Hopefully she can clean that up because she can definitely find it.

Conversely, we've got a good one in Gamble. A player that size who can kick it like she can is gold in AFLW.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Catching up on the game now. At half time, definitely not as pretty to watch as our last couple of games but we're clearly the better team.

Georgostathis (who I just learned is not called "Georgia Stathis" which was leaving me wondering why she got the full name treatment every time on commentary) could be a really damaging player but her ball use is brutal. Hopefully she can clean that up because she can definitely find it.

Conversely, we've got a good one in Gamble. A player that size who can kick it like she can is gold in AFLW.
    Georgostathis reminds me a bit of the older Liberatore in a good way, but both at times had a tendancy to kick the ball higher rather than longer...

Gamble has been in our system for awhile. Starting to look like the classic KP development - started off slowly, did some nice things at times last season, now beginning to bloom into a good to very good CHB.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

How good is Ellie

23. Likes Raw Toast, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackburns kick to McLeod in the last is genuinely elite. It's perfect.

Also the black eye Guest gets immediately after is incredible, as are the pics of it today. Makes Kirsty Lambs look like nothing.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

25. Likes Raw Toast liked this post