Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020

Well the results are in and the Woofers have voted.

We picked a team of 26 players that we thought were good enough to play the game with Lachie Young being on the cusp which for him is now irrelevant to us. I thought this would be a good talking point as we got hit by Covid to fill in some time while we waited for footy to start again. So well done Woofers for seeing it through which was a long journey.

44 Tim English
    42 Alex Keath
    39 Jason Johannisen
    35 Caleb Daniel
    34 Bailey Williams
    33 Aaron Naughton
    31 Bailey Dale
    27 Patrick Lipinski
    23 Laitham Vandermeer
    21 Tom Liberatore
    20 Ed Richards
    17 Josh Bruce
    16 Toby McLean
    15 Taylor Duryea
    14 Rhylee West
    13 Josh Schache
    12 Zaine Cordy
    11 Jack Macrae
    10 Easton Wood
    9 Hayden Crozier
    7 Lachie Hunter
    6 Bailey Smith
    5 Josh Dunkley
    4 Marcus Bontempelli
    3 Mitch Wallis
    2 Lewis Young

Thanks to all those that took part in the vote and it was interesting seeing posters opinions on our list.

Out of the remaining players we lost 4 players to Retirement at years end so we say good bye to the following:

29 Tory Dickson
    22 Sam Lloyd
    8 Jackson Trengove
    1 Matthew Suckling

We had 5 players we thought were at VFL level:

46 Lin Jong
    37 Roarke Smith
    36 Brad Lynch
    32 Will Hayes
    28 Callum Porter

Out of young guys we were happy to give the following more time to see if they could make it.

41 Jordan Sweet
    38 Riley Garcia
    30 Fergus Greene
    25 Ben Cavarra
    24 Buku Khamis
    19 Cody Weightman
    18 Louis Butler

We wanted to say goodbye to Ryan Gardner and Billy Gowers with half of that wish coming true.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr, jeemak, bornadog, KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Well the results are in and the Woofers have voted.

We picked a team of 26 players that we thought were good enough to play the game
    Thanks for putting that together. Looking at the list of 26 player who we consider good enough to play the game...

I'd say we have 14 players I trust to be best 22 and regularly available/play consistent football (in their role)

42 Alex Keath
    39 Jason Johannisen
    35 Caleb Daniel
    34 Bailey Williams
    33 Aaron Naughton
    23 Laitham Vandermeer
    21 Tom Liberatore
    11 Jack Macrae
    9 Hayden Crozier
    7 Lachie Hunter
    6 Bailey Smith
    5 Josh Dunkley
    4 Marcus Bontempelli
    3 Mitch Wallis

2 who are regular 22 but maybe just missing something/we need a bit more from maybe? Had to put into words but they play their role but they can improve (English) or need to be improved upon or put into a different role (Cordy but maybe harsh on him)

44 Tim English
    12 Zaine Cordy

And the rest as potential/inconsistent players or players with limited/poor influence on games
    31 Bailey Dale
    27 Patrick Lipinski
    20 Ed Richards
    17 Josh Bruce
    16 Toby McLean
    15 Taylor Duryea
    14 Rhylee West
    13 Josh Schache
    10 Easton Wood
    2 Lewis Young

This excludes Treloar and Martin however. One is clearly a quality player and the other hopefully still has it in him.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work Hotdog60! Thanks for going to the effort of putting all of that together and staying the course.....it's interesting to see Jong didn't make the grade as he's seemed to be rated around these parts as AFL standard when fit.

Of the guys who needed more time I'm disappointed Greene (whose injury ravaged 2019 was a real hand break development wise) has gone. Perhaps he didn't rehab very well or put in the hard yards last year, we'll neve know I guess.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Great work Hotdog60! Thanks for going to the effort of putting all of that together and staying the course.....it's interesting to see Jong didn't make the grade as he's seemed to be rated around these parts as AFL standard when fit.

Of the guys who needed more time I'm disappointed Greene (whose injury ravaged 2019 was a real hand break development wise) has gone. Perhaps he didn't rehab very well or put in the hard yards last year, we'll neve know I guess.
    Greene was named early in 2020 as a player well prepared for the season ahead and had taken his fitness to another level. Perhaps some minor setbacks stopped him from getting his chance
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"