Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin Sherman and our racist shame

ABC article about Joel Wilkinson and AFL racism. The Bulldogs are part of the unfortunate story.

Has this happened since? I hope not, and I trust it never will again by any of our players.

FWIW, never liked Sherman.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...stice/12825394

During his first AFL match for the Gold Coast Suns, Wilkinson was called a "f***ing black c***" several times by Western Bulldogs player Justin Sherman.

The AFL's vilification policy requires strict confidentiality preventing any public comment. Permission can be sought to make a public comment, but it must have the written agreement of all parties concerned.

All documents relating to a complaint must remain confidential and be retained for seven years. While Wilkinson says he was silenced, Sherman held a media conference offering a public apology "to the player concerned" without obtaining Wilkinson's permission.

The Bulldogs paid $5,000 to a charity and Sherman was suspended for four weeks, but Wilkinson was absent from the story.

"I was silenced by the league, silenced by my own team, the Gold Coast Suns," he says.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Justin Sherman and our racist shame

Sherman was just a dickhead and I don't believe our players are anywhere near this sort of thing.

I know Stringer was one culprit against Jong, but he is gone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.