The WOOF network has some far reaching powers so I was fortunate to have this sent to me and that I could share this with our community

General

I didn't see all of the game.

Teams seemed very much split into seniors versus reserves. Seniors in light blue and reserves in black.

Blue team won something like 90-50.

My eye sight is not what it once was, my vantage point was poor and the players are not wearing numbers, some wearing hats etc so apologies for not getting some of the details we are all after. Blue team were doing all of the attacking which meant I barely saw blue backs and black forwards. I also couldn’t see much of the far wing where I assume Jong was playing. Much of the stuff I wanted answered I either couldn’t see or ran out of time to check.

Blue team

English
Martin
Dale
Vandermeer
Bruce
Wallis
Hunter
Macrae
B.Smith
JJ
Daniel
Libba
Dunkley
Gardiner
Pretty sure Bont, Lipinski and Crozier were as well. Not sure how I missed Bont but I wasn’t really looking for him. A left footed defender got a goal from a 50m penalty late that seemed to be Crozier.

Black Team

Schache
Khamis
Raak
Jamarra
West
Hayes
Smith
Ed
Sweet

Things worth noting

Shocking day for football, hot and windy not really the best day to watch.

Full field umpire contingent and there was 3 50m penalties for the man on the mark rule while I was there.

Some major mismatches for the blue forwards with Khamis, Raak and others taking much bigger opponents for the black team.

English- 80-20 forward/ruck minimal time in ruck while I was there. Starting about 40m from goal at the bounce and working well up the ground when required for a down the line target but noticeably pushing hard forward into space when coming in from the fat side. English had 3 shots on goal while I was there and kicked a goal. Took a big clunk down the line as well (defensive wing) that he then followed and got an uncontested mark forward.

Bruce- starting off the goal line. Took two inside 50 marks while I was there. Clever pass to English from one of them. Looks springier when jumping at the ball and more mobile. Had Khamis for most of it.

Martin- Took a 1 on 1 contested mark inside 50 at one point and passed it off. Seemed very even in the middle for taps which isn’t surprising.

West- Stood out for the black team. Speed and power from congestion very evident and he played genuine midfield. Came out of congestion a couple of times (once from a CB) and evaded tacklers before distributing.

Vandermeer- Very lively on the Hawkins wing where most of the space was. Appeared to be playing more high half forward than wing but involved in everything when the ball was switched to that side of the ground and play was open. Kicked a goal in the last qtr.

Wallis- Deep forward and kicked 2 goals while I was there. One on the lead to the pocket and 1 running back into space on a fast, open play from defence.

Dale- Forward for the blue team and had at least 3 shots while I was there and kicked a couple. Looked dangerous but the ball spent lots of time at the blue end so he had quite a few chances. Looked more likely in the dead pocket where the ball was holding up and he could work his leads and angles.

Richards- Half back for the black team. The touches he got were under immense pressure and windy conditions didn’t help.

Roarke- Wing for black team

Libba- Seemed to get a heap in the middle

Macrae- midfield

Dunkley- midfield

Gardiner- Played on Jamarra for a little bit and beat him twice.

Jamarra- Fair way off at the moment would be my hunch. Hard to see much coming from anyone who didn’t play last year. In fairness it was a small sample size and most of his play was at the far end but that is the general feel I am getting. Played off the goal line at each bounce for the black team.

Caleb- Half back

JJ- half back

Hunter- had it on a string.

Forward 6 for blue team appeared to be English, Bruce, Wallis, Dale, Vandermeer and a resting/rotating mid.

Not going to repeat the number of goals from a previous internal match that a bystander told me but Naughton apparently tore one of the previous intra clubs apart with a bag of goals. I couldn’t see him anywhere on the ground when I arrived but consensus was that he has been dominant.

Both teams defending quite high which made it scrappy in the wind. Wasn’t much space until a team broke through that press and then it was a foot race.

Schache- Was at the other end in last qtr but appeared to get involved heavily late with 2-3 marks and a goal.

Raak- Played relatively deep as a defender.

Hayes- Seemed to be on a wing for the black team.

Couldn’t see Treloar