Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  90
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Game snippets

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah - I get other clubs are closing training sessions...but they then seem to be publishing video and proving match reports...

We are closing training and providing stuff all.
    Correct. It feels like they treat these kind of easy wins as "be grateful for what you get", as if the club didn't just keep the money from over 30,000 members despite offering nothing a Kayo subscription couldn't in return.

The point is it isn't hard, and they appear to have made zero effort at all, because they don't think it matters.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    All clubs are dealing with COVID, we shouldn't be using it as an excuse to shut out fans.
    It's a legitimate excuse now but lets face it we have been cutting back on the supporter engagement for at least 4 years now and this is the opportunity to accelerate it.

I know some are (Colgate) sensitive to anyone questioning the clubs efforts but as MJP pointed out, it's not like it takes 2 or 3 hours to write up an informative report.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Comments like this are a cop out for 2-reasons:

1/. It takes pretty much zero time to do a quick match review - honestly, the coaches would 100% be doing players summaries for their feedback in any case...having a staffer sit in the room and 'desensitising it' would be simple.

2/. It cannot be challenged. COVID has made all of this 'stuff' a free hit for organisations - we are down on staff is a common refrain. But important stuff ALWAYS gets done - our club doesn't think this is important therefore they just don't do it.
    Agree on both points.

I think there is a massive opportunity for the club to expand their supporter engagement but we missed that during last season and have done bugger all this off season. To think that the Australian Open got deferred and we didn't jump all over that space is a missed opportunity as I see it.

If we get it right our supporters will be very appreciative

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afc.com.au/news/864510

Just a lazy live stream for Adelaide fans to feast on while we nibble at the crumbs GVG throws us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a legitimate excuse now but lets face it we have been cutting back on the supporter engagement for at least 4 years now and this is the opportunity to accelerate it.

I know some are (Colgate) sensitive to anyone questioning the clubs efforts but as MJP pointed out, it's not like it takes 2 or 3 hours to write up an informative report.
    Names G names.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Names G names.
    Obviously no one here, we are made of sterner stuff but maybe on Twitter

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw I wrote in to the club about the lack of access, will pass on the response when i get it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes bornadog, Twodogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Essendon has already advertised that their scratch match will be live streamed to members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Interesting Essendon has already advertised that their scratch match will be live streamed to members.
    Hawthorn have posted that they will be providing access via their website, not sure if that means a live stream or comprehensive footage once the match has been completed.

Of course, crickets from the Bulldogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Whoever Essendon is playing is also going to be streaming the game.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Practice Game snippets

Yeah - I get other clubs are closing training sessions...but they then seem to be publishing video and proving match reports...

We are closing training and providing stuff all.
    Has anyone got a good quality drone, you could do a flyover and live stream training and the keystone cops trying to catch it

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Donuts View Post
    Has anyone got a good quality drone, you could do a flyover and live stream training and the keystone cops trying to catch it
    Bevo has a missile launcher, so I wouldn't try it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Because of another move interstate i did not continue my Top Dog memberhip for myself and my wife, we simply cannot get to games, however, i did expect to get some form of contact from the club asking why i had not continuedmy Top Dog, perhaps a phone call, email or letter, nothing, zilch, we have become like customers of the big banks just a number and it is very sad, our club needs to rectify this for the future retaining of sponsors even the small ones, and especially the members who some struggle to meet the committment, they are the members who deserve better treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo has a missile launcher, so I wouldn't try it.
    Yes he has its name is Aaron

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Donuts View Post
    Because of another move interstate i did not continue my Top Dog memberhip for myself and my wife, we simply cannot get to games, however, i did expect to get some form of contact from the club asking why i had not continuedmy Top Dog, perhaps a phone call, email or letter, nothing, zilch, we have become like customers of the big banks just a number and it is very sad, our club needs to rectify this for the future retaining of sponsors even the small ones, and especially the members who some struggle to meet the committment, they are the members who deserve better treatment.
    That's a real concern.