Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  90
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Practice Game snippets

I regularly attend training at other clubs without an issue. I also see every club and ppl associated with them giving regular, detailed updates from training and match sim on Twitter. They also post highlights regularly with more context than us.

One of our staff Nick T (can’t remember his position) was at least attempting to give updates from our scratch matches in the hub last year.

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great content from Collingwood's intra club: https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/new...hZnKaX7301pA5E

We are so far behind the rest of the competition, it's laughable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed the club last year about it and got a pretty poor response about a lack of staffing being the reason for the limited content.

How many people does it really take to change a lightbulb?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If they start having financial contributions drop off due to engagement, I can see things changing.
    Things will only change if the club takes the time to contact and ask members why they have reduced their financial commitment.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Things will only change if the club takes the time to contact and ask members why they have reduced their financial commitment.
    If long time contributors like GVG stop pouring money in, it should ring alarm bells and be taken seriously. You don't want to see the club suffer, but sometimes talking with your wallet is the only way to get a response. Wish it wouldn't come to it, but after 2020 where we effectively donated our memberships, you would have hoped the club would have engaged the fans more to reward their loyalty.

Plus there is a reason why battling clubs like the Saints and Blues are hitting significant member milestones while we seem to be stagnating (when we actually do get membership numbers drip fed to us) - they have built excitement throughout the preseason whereas we have gone into dark mode.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If long time contributors like GVG stop pouring money in, it should ring alarm bells and be taken seriously. You don't want to see the club suffer, but sometimes talking with your wallet is the only way to get a response. Wish it wouldn't come to it, but after 2020 where we effectively donated our memberships, you would have hoped the club would have engaged the fans more to reward their loyalty.

Plus there is a reason why battling clubs like the Saints and Blues are hitting significant member milestones while we seem to be stagnating (when we actually do get membership numbers drip fed to us) - they have built excitement throughout the preseason whereas we have gone into dark mode.
    Have we become complacent since 2016 given that success but also because of our recent financial success?

Surely we can’t be so stupid? But then I find myself saying that a lot lately about the club.

Post Thanks / Like

I say that as someone who has probably seen more training sessions than most.

If other clubs want to see our training sessions then they will find a way to see them. We are really only cutting our nose off to spite our face as a club with this training watcher ban. It's silly, borderline ridiculous and it's costing the club.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Have we become complacent since 2016 given that success but also because of our recent financial success?

Surely we can’t be so stupid? But then I find myself saying that a lot lately about the club.
    It might be that a combination of being a bit complacent from a members perspective but it could also be a bit of paranoia from a footy sense. Those blinds they put up in the Barkers cafe flagged their intent to close out sessions
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So, if secrecy is paramount the coaches can set up and do whatever they like behind closed doors and then at open sessions change things around - confuse the opposition by putting people into new roles. The supporters just want to see the players out on the park. Is inability to achieve this is costing us members? It would be hard to measure this.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It might be that a combination of being a bit complacent from a members perspective but it could also be a bit of paranoia from a footy sense. Those blinds they put up in the Barkers cafe flagged their intent to close out sessions
    And covid has complicated the issue further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It provides the club a legitimate get out of jail free card to use but more importantly the chance of deferring further the chance to address it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    All clubs are dealing with COVID, we shouldn't be using it as an excuse to shut out fans.

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All clubs are dealing with COVID, we shouldn't be using it as an excuse to shut out fans.

From some clubs

Due to the ongoing uncertainty and community challenges relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the club has taken specific preventative action to directly protect the players and football department from the virus.This means the NEC Hangar will be closed to members of the public until further notice. As a result, all scheduled open sessions have been cancelled for the time being.
    While we believe this is an appropriate step to try and reduce exposure for our playing group, the club apologises for any inconvenience this may cause. We will ensure additional open training and signing opportunities are made available later in the year for our members and supporters.
    Melbourne - Training Times
    As part of the AFL-wide response to COVID-19, Melbourne will hold all training sessions behind closed doors until further notice.

Richmond - There are no open training sessions scheduled until further notice as the Club continues to take precautions against Covid 19.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I emailed the club last year about it and got a pretty poor response about a lack of staffing being the reason for the limited content.

How many people does it really take to change a lightbulb?
    Comments like this are a cop out for 2-reasons:

1/. It takes pretty much zero time to do a quick match review - honestly, the coaches would 100% be doing players summaries for their feedback in any case...having a staffer sit in the room and 'desensitising it' would be simple.

2/. It cannot be challenged. COVID has made all of this 'stuff' a free hit for organisations - we are down on staff is a common refrain. But important stuff ALWAYS gets done - our club doesn't think this is important therefore they just don't do it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From some clubs
    Yeah - I get other clubs are closing training sessions...but they then seem to be publishing video and proving match reports...

We are closing training and providing stuff all.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.